F6 Amplifier

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
say that you have 300VA Donut on 220Vac

simple math says that 300/220=1A36

so , 1A5 slow-blow fuse would be adequate ....... and , in my experience , CL60 is completely up to task as soft start device - yeah for 1A5 and yeah on 220Vac mains

if you like better sleep , put 2 or 3 CL60 in series and wrap them up with regular soft-start relay thingie

Joined 2004
Paid Member
say that you have 300VA Donut on 220Vac

simple math says that 300/220=1A36

so , 1A5 slow-blow fuse would be adequate ....... and , in my experience , CL60 is completely up to task as soft start device - yeah for 1A5 and yeah on 220Vac mains

if you like better sleep , put 2 or 3 CL60 in series and wrap them up with regular soft-start relay thingie

As usual, Zen to the rescue!

Yes, Tim's amp includes the CL60s (see the second photo in post # 6456). We didn't bother with a more elaborate soft-start. 400/120 = 3.33A. Sounds like Tim needn't rush to replace the 4A slow blow fuses, but 3.5A would be safer.

Many thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
As usual, Zen to the rescue!

Yes, Tim's amp includes the CL60s (see the second photo in post # 6456). We didn't bother with a more elaborate soft-start. 400/120 = 3.33A. Sounds like Tim needn't rush to replace the 4A slow blow fuses, but 3.5A would be safer.

Many thanks,
Scott

I would not loose sleep over it. If there is ever a dead short the fuse will blow. Of course there is always Murphy's Law. The amp blows and catches on fire to protect the fuse.

Attachments

• freqres_LL1540.png
    freqres_LL1540.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is there a way to X the F6 ?

You can build a similar output stage / transformer combination balanced
with X connections at the input.

Ask ZM, he is currently playing with an xfrmr front end like that.

:cool:

covered ages ago , by your Modest Mighty ZM in original F6 thread , and also in Funny^6 thread by Buzz

for quick cover , look at this blog post by Mighty Mo(dest)i : ook, it seems Baby DiyA is down , most probably our Webhamster is upgrading the board ...... so find enclosed just Funny^6 schm , I can't remember where thread is

also - having 6-fillar repeater could be best way of doing it , I can post that too

edit - ignore those 1R resistors in series with coils

Attachments

• Funnyyy^6--sch-proper-nfb.jpg
    Funnyyy^6--sch-proper-nfb.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 479
Last edited: