F6 Amplifier - Page 324 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 03:00 PM   #3231
diyAudio Member
 
jacco vermeulen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: At the sea front, Rotterdam or Curaao
Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
do you mind ?
Eer, you an Abacom file collector or actually planning to assemble a Fierst Waff ?

(me no have upsidedown reader with spell check)
__________________
No More Mr Nice Guy
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 03:28 PM   #3232
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Ryssen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
F6 Amplifier

How do you trimm the 10 ohms pot?
Could a panelpot be used for them?
__________________
Regards ke
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 04:05 PM   #3233
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by permaneder View Post
Of course. Send a PM and I'll mail the file plus the Gerber files
Vielen Dank - files received

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
Eer, you an Abacom file collector or actually planning to assemble a Fierst Waff ?

(me no have upsidedown reader with spell check)
just handy to have them , from few reasons - neat and simple layout , I have Sprint proggie

will not going to make it ; my heart is still with M2 , as most wakoo Papa's prank
__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 04:19 PM   #3234
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member
 
6L6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Are any of these PCB being sized to fit the Universal Mounting Spec?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/image...ation-v2.1.pdf
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 04:56 PM   #3235
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhquam View Post
After seeing Tea-Bag's PCB layout, I was inspired to play around with another layout variation. This one is Jensen only and provides some additional options, such as lowered voltages to the drains of the input JFETs.
lhquam: The center to center spacing between the drains of the R100s in your PCB is estimated at ~3.7 inches. By comparison, the distance in proto F6 by Mr. Pass appears to be ~ twice this value. The junction temperature in the R100s of your design is expected to be relatively higher than that with more physical separation between the R100s. Is hotter better or worser for sound, for the ratio of H2 to H3 etc.?

There is an element of symmetry in the PCBs proposed by you, permaneder and Tea-Bag on either side of a line between the R100s. They are also highly compact. The probability is very low that we will ever learn about anything on the inside of a production F6. Possibly, with the permission of Mr. Pass, one may be able to reproduce a PCB like the one in his proto F6 and compete with the others. Mr. Pass: will this be OK with you?

Last edited by Antoinel; 9th December 2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Tweak
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 06:20 PM   #3236
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wilds Of Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhquam View Post
Heat dissipation is not an issue for such a low resistance. The idle power will be Ibias^2*R. For Ibias=1.5A, and R<0R44, the power will be less than 1 watt.
Which means you can move to 3 watt surface mount foil.

http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail...8CT-ND/1936102

At about $1.5 $2 each, it's no contest. Foil wins, the others do not even need to get out of bed. They should just stay there.... and fade away.

Last edited by KBK; 9th December 2012 at 06:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 06:24 PM   #3237
lhquam is offline lhquam  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olalla, Oregon: Land of the 100 Valleys
My PCB layout is for 5"x7" fan cooled heatsinks like shown here:F6 Amplifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinel View Post
lhquam: The center to center spacing between the drains of the R100s in your PCB is estimated at ~3.7 inches. By comparison, the distance in proto F6 by Mr. Pass appears to be ~ twice this value. The junction temperature in the R100s of your design is expected to be relatively higher than that with more physical separation between the R100s. Is hotter better or worser for sound, for the ratio of H2 to H3 etc.?

There is an element of symmetry in the PCBs proposed by you, permaneder and Tea-Bag on either side of a line between the R100s. They are also highly compact. The probability is very low that we will ever learn about anything on the inside of a production F6. Possibly, with the permission of Mr. Pass, one may be able to reproduce a PCB like the one in his proto F6 and compete with the others. Mr. Pass: will this be OK with you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 06:33 PM   #3238
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhquam View Post
My PCB layout is for 5"x7" fan cooled heatsinks like shown here:F6 Amplifier.
Thanks lhquam.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 08:28 PM   #3239
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member
 
Tea-Bag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kennebunk
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
Are any of these PCB being sized to fit the Universal Mounting Spec?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/image...ation-v2.1.pdf
Yes, @ 120mm from screw hole of power Fets.
__________________
Salas Boards 2014 #2 On order |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 08:35 PM   #3240
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK View Post
Which means you can move to 3 watt surface mount foil.

KRL7638-C-R018-F-T1 Susumu | KRL76C.018CT-ND | DigiKey

At about $1.5 $2 each, it's no contest. Foil wins, the others do not even need to get out of bed. They should just stay there.... and fade away.
taking in account importance of value precision and/or tolerance - plain vanilla Panasonics are more than OK

but I agree - those KRL are sexy looking

( see - ZM as resistor fetishist ; I'm becoming same as Jaccolina )
__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa... by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New F6 diy coming soon ? Nounours18200 Pass Labs 37 31st August 2012 04:35 PM
Hi Vi F6 box ioro Multi-Way 4 15th April 2012 08:27 PM
Whats happening with F6? jugoslavija Pass Labs 1 1st November 2011 07:39 AM
Hi-Vi F6 kkosiba Multi-Way 14 9th November 2007 08:38 AM
F6 traw Pass Labs 7 2nd November 2007 07:09 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2