F6 Amplifier

hi oreo, don´t know about how the cap is involved soundwise, but my F6 seems to developed to a little more bright/right side for me. Wait at least two days. Maybe it´s my woodoo thinking and because of tweaking the speakers a little i lost reference somehow.
for the resistors, i changed the feedback (a second 100 ohm to make it 50 ohm) what made it a bit more foreward but also a little more tight, less lush. i went back to the original.
For the source R´s, i changed R2 from .56 to .47 and one could say it was clearer, but for me the soundstage, depth, was more flattend. So i went back to original too.

i like it better now :)

I have been playing around with a sim and found that the most effect on distortion ratio is the capacitor. Specifically reducing the value from 1000 to 220uF increases the 2nd harmonic from -102db to -88db. The 3rd stays the same, I think its a function of the transformer. This is 1 watt into 8 ohms, 1khz sine wave. 1st harmonic at +9.5db. Changing the resistors from 0.56 to 0.47 didn't do anything in that respect. Upping the bias reduces overall distortion across the board. I don't know if -88 from -102 would be audible. I know some people claim more 2nd is agreeable. I simmed my Aleph J and found it has more 2nd than 3rd at 1 watt and I like its sound a lot.
Thats my 2 cents worth.

Changing the resistors from 0.56 to 0.47 didn't do anything in that respect. Upping the bias reduces overall distortion across the board. I don't know if -88 from -102 would be audible. I know some people claim more 2nd is agreeable. I simmed my Aleph J and found it has more 2nd than 3rd at 1 watt and I like its sound a lot.
Thats my 2 cents worth.

If changing resistors doesn't affect harmonic distortion profile you must be doing something wrong.