F6 Amplifier

One question which I haven't bumped into here is the actual importance of matching components.

There seems to be very much emphasis on good matching, but has anyone actually compared how important that is? How much does it affect the actual sound if not pursued? Is it the purity of the music that suffers, soundstage, depth..? Would non-matching affect maybe the last 10% of sound quality?

Trying to learn here... And since I'm the only crazy audiophile DIY enthusiastic I know around here, there's no one to ask... I go to the local store and ask if they'd have some "better parts" for this or that and they give me that eye looking under their eye brows saying he's nuts - and of course they are right. :D

Both transformers work fine in the other side so the problem has to be on the mother board
I have re soldered the tm connections but I guess i'll go over them again tonight.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the only time I have had that trouble was when either a joint was poorly soldered on one of the transformers connections to the board or the transformer winding itself had broken.(This was very recent and was simply the result of multiple soldering and desoldering from boards.) Check the traces and values surrounding the troublesome section. Post pics if you can.

Felt bad for not contributing to this great thread in a long while. So I wrote the attached diyF6 schematic which expands the scope of the parent's versatility.
  • Variable loop [or Pass] feedback is enabled because the impedance of the loudspeaker varies with frequency.
  • Adaptable to F5s
  • I concur with buzzforb's general motto; "shape and reshape the sound; DIYer"
Best regards

Attachments

• diyF6V.jpg
    diyF6V.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 579