F6 Amplifier

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
@ Rush :

fine ;)

when I embraced my own dumbness , it helped me in asking numerous questions without shame :rofl:

however - having 4-fillar (or recently even 6-fillar) repeater , opens numerous possibilities ;

for instance - something as balanced ACA (implementing 4-fillar ) ....... where amp itself could be much greater than sum of parts , even with plain vanilla mosfets in output

@ lhquam - yes , why not ( even if hum possibilities are arising , dependable of exact physical layout of amp itself ) ...... I'm using floating windings whenever I can

Last edited:
I finally got all the parts and metalwork for the prototyping chassis. The idea is to make it easy to access and interchange all of the PC boards. The boards and MOSFETs are mounted with holes conforming to the DIYAudio Universal Mounting Spec. The power supply or its transformer are easy to change. If I want to test an amplifier design with higher heat dissipation than convection cooling will allow, two PC fans can be mounted at the bottom (or top) of the heatsinks.

The photos show the chassis with the F6CC prototype boards.

Attachments

• DSC_0051-red.jpg
    DSC_0051-red.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC_0052-red.jpg
    DSC_0052-red.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC_0053-red.jpg
    DSC_0053-red.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 403
I finally got all the parts and metalwork for the prototyping chassis. The idea is to make it easy to access and interchange all of the PC boards. The boards and MOSFETs are mounted with holes conforming to the DIYAudio Universal Mounting Spec. The power supply or its transformer are easy to change. If I want to test an amplifier design with higher heat dissipation than convection cooling will allow, two PC fans can be mounted at the bottom (or top) of the heatsinks.

Very nice made. "IF" something goes wrong with amp...it will be very easy to work on it!;)

Congrats for a compact, and well-thought off build. Cool!

hi all
just about to test my boards and realised I may have an issue with my power supplys
I am using the seletronic rcores as shown a few pages back which are 230v 300va 18/0/18
now after wiring them to my ac in which is au 240v I,m getting 22.5v out of the secondary,s ,not 18v

the thing that has me concerned is that after the power supplys im getting 61.5v dc :eek: this seems way too much considering the f6 schematis says around 23v in

I am using the aussie amps power supplys here
The PSU-Three Power Supply Module

is this ok ? why am I getting 61v after rectification ,it seems way too high

Sheafer

hi all
well I tested my boards today and one board is fine with 1.2v bias on both side with p1 and 2 working as intended
the other board has 26v between r7 and source and -26 on the other side
both p1 and p2 are unresponsive
both leds are lit so I presume they are the correct way around
I have tested the k170 and j74 and they are fine
I have resoldered every join with no change and checked every component to be correct twice so I,m currently at a loss
any suggestions on where to go from here

Sheafer