F6 Amplifier

I went through the room issues. Hapeems even with speakers pulled out into the room and setup in a very balanced way and me in the nearfeild. I matched all components methodically. It basically amounts to a perceived increase in output from the higher mF channel. Subtle but there. I even went to the trouble of switching PSU boards with main boards and still noticed it. I didnt mention it to create an OT, just to reiterate the point that there are many different variables in building an amp. THe F6 has shown us this. If you are building a "final case", I believe you should be thinking dual mono.

I went through the room issues. Hapeems even with speakers pulled out into the room and setup in a very balanced way and me in the nearfeild. I matched all components methodically. It basically amounts to a perceived increase in output from the higher mF channel. Subtle but there. I even went to the trouble of switching PSU boards with main boards and still noticed it. I didnt mention it to create an OT, just to reiterate the point that there are many different variables in building an amp. THe F6 has shown us this. If you are building a "final case", I believe you should be thinking dual mono.
Two other options to full dual mono:

1. Transformer with 4 secondary windings, 2 for each channel.
  2. Nelson's CRRCC hack, where 2 secondary windings supply the first cap banks, and each amplifier is fed from its own RC filter banks beyond that.
Both options are compromises. Spacewise, both options are good. Soundwise, I am sure option 1 is better. The question is how much better is having totally separate transformers.

Enjoy. Make sure you wear your floaties and tie off.

Attachments

• 6a00e54f0ab9ee8834013484cdf7e7970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00e54f0ab9ee8834013484cdf7e7970c-800wi.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
ook ya , I'm all meds , all the time

fell in da Kettle as a kidoe , same as Obelix :rofl:

going 'morrow to Sea , for two weeks
Which Sea? Did you know that SPF30 gives 97% protection and is fully adequate Any higher SPF values give an added 1-2% improvements and were deemed a waste of money. And one may have to use a full container [ not a tablespoon] of SPF30 during a day in the sun to get protection. Have a great time.

If you are using reversed complementary fets on the minus side there is no actual need for the transformer.

You are re-reversing it

To be more in the spirir of F6 (same device symmetry etc) I would use the same cascode up and down and just connect rhe down part to the other transformer side

However the transformer feels a bit redundant if we use both complementary parts. It becomes more of a flavour than a practical element.