F6 Amplifier

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have a pilot run of F7's.

F7?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

or

Vought-F7U-Cutlass-Title.jpg

Joined 2009
Paid Member
So Nelson is already two Fs ahead......awfull! Including variations tested...ahead ahead!

Seems I can forget my F6 traumata and Sarajan must look for new words.....

But possibly these versions are again blocked for the public some time....After free F6 I would expect this.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Mighty ZM put his two cells on vacation , right after visiting SR ;

:bawling:

( in a meantime , I can't even find them anymore)

:rofl:

((similar to F5 probably means partial degeneration , partial feedback ........ so there ( if that's the case ) is hope that Greedy Boyz would have a chance for redoing F5 to whatever Fook* is that :devilr: ))

* = *

Last edited:
Wil not know until we see. Sounds like next one will be similar to your cascoded output.
His references in posts #4617 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/216616-f6-amplifier-462.html#post3531077 and #4552 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/216616-f6-amplifier-456.html#post3528193

I have a pilot run of F7's. It is similar to the F5, but different in sound.

We are still tweaking it.
suggest to me that it will use complementary common-source outputs and transformer coupling without AC degeneration like my F6CC Teaser. I suspect that he will NOT be using cascoded outputs. Just my guess. :scratch2:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I suspect that he will NOT be using cascoded outputs. Just my guess. :scratch2:

It's my understanding that Nelson has a whole shed full of Firstwatt chassis, and the matching 300VA 18V+18V transformer... Those 2 items being "standard" will dictate a couple of parameters -- dissipation and rail voltage.

Casocded outputs usually being used to shield delicate devices from higher voltages, your guess is likely spot on. :cheers: :cheers: