F6 Amplifier

Chaps I have a small surplus of R100 and R100as - 10 to 12 in total. the a's are from Teabag and the R100s from semisouths uk distributor. The latter is where they are mostly from and they cost me a bloody fortune (50bucks a go incl postage and 3 duds). I have the invoices if that is helpful .

If anyone wants the lot pls let me know-I think 45 bucks each is fair - and ill lose some dough on each one.

I'll honor the first one to take 10 pcs min.

I can't keep accumulating fets without amps for them to go into.. and I have more coming from dk that need funding ;)

I see, you want some use for all those excellent ballbearings? i've heard they make excellent hubs for silent running DIY hamster wheels.

Hard-Drive-Hamster-Wheel-412x550.jpg

yes i'm intrigued by whats next too, I still havent done anything with the set of 4 matched R125 I have here (no, I will not sell them hehe) whether its F6, output fets for single pair AJJX, or some other mutant concoction I dont know as yet. i'm still gathering ideas for that one and it seems papa and some other rampant symbiotic DIY leaches are literally spilling with them ;), so i'm happy to just look in from the outside for now.

Will not know for a couple of days:devilr:

In my ignorant opinion, I stick to the fact that two things make the F6 special. First one is tweakability of the sound. I know other amps can be adjusted, but this one if full of opportunity and the options are fairly easy. The second is no Rs(Semisouth, Exicon and other laterals, and possibly Ilquams Teaser). If you can get distortion to reasonable levels, there is a certain freedom(purity) to the music in an amp with no degeneration. Odd since from all that I have read, this degeneration linearizes the response.

Does anyone have any experience with phase-margin estimates from simulations vs. real world experiences with oscillation and square-wave overshoot? In order to get 47 degrees of phase margin in the F6CC, I need a 10nF cap across the feedback resistor which results in an output response what is -3dB at 67kHz and -0.1dB at 20kHz. That isn't too bad, but it might not be enough margin against oscillation.