F6 Amplifier

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Tea-Bag has boards.

Buzzforb might have transformers. I'm don't know if he got any extras. Contact him, hopefully he can help.

I don't believe there is any electrical difference between the R100 and the -A, so either will work. Plus at this stage, as they are genuine unobtanium, get whatever you can. The circuit will also work with 'normal' Mosfets...

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
No. The R100 meets a higher pn junction reverse voltage spec of -15 volts,
the R100A is -10V, and the devices are operated at about +1.2V

Aha! I'm sorry... I thought the R100A are the ones that semisouthfan was selling.

I other news, my machinist buddy has said that my chassis is coming along nicely, it will be done once I figure out the total height from the transistor face to the top of the transformer . Photos to follow.

Last edited:
Seems so, in the picture there are no longer blue LEDs.....

And I see negative K2 phase! The small white resistor in the upper part near the offset pot is the positive side, so he drives the F6 with negative phase.....
Does anyone have any idea the resistance value of the "white resistor" near the positive side output FET? Is is in the right location to be a source resistor. In the earlier 6Moons article the pictures show source resistors on both sides.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
If I recall correctly, Nelson said that the photos of the interior of the F6 were still in a prototype stage - I.E., before he had it working correctly.

Also, the lid was not off at Burning Amp, so nobody got a photo of it.

Detailed analysis of those photos may lead you in the wrong direction.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The first pictures within the BAF talk had prototype status, but these one in the review show the F6 as Nelson likes it......I suppose. :)
I see still the small white block as a possible source resistor, one of the better ones, low percentage, because of the low R value.

But did you see that the mains xformer is potted with small steel band around it and some bathroom glue...:D :D

Less hum guaranteed!