F6 Amplifier

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Alex M, It looks great.

Here is my advice, based purely on optionally running MOSFETs. R100's are scarce.
Increase the LED count to 2-3. Add places for optional Source resistors for same reason.
Both can be jumpered if not needed. add pot across JENsen Pins 5,7 as stated earlier.

I would buy a few. :)

PCB rev2.0

...... or this one could be better :) I give it a try tomorow , I'm :sleep: now....
Alex.

Attachments

• F6 REV2.0.jpg
    F6 REV2.0.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 502
My F6 is up and running. (naked F6 with Onetics )

My speakers are 3 way
Seas W26 <250Hz
PHL 1120 250 - 5500Hz
Raven 2 > 5500 Hz
Crossovers are 12dB at 250Hz and 6dB at 5500 Hz with Marchand passive crossover

Aleph30 is used on low end, F6 for the mid and F3 for the high.Listened to a variety of music for two hours. No fatigue and all - very nice soundstage (deep and wide) - very good detail - musicians/instruments nicely localized. Best set-up that I have heard for my system. A KEEPER

Will listen for a few days and then add 1K pot across top secondary per generg for further experimentation.

If boards become available ;):) I think I would build up a Onetics and a Jensen set for comparison

THANKS to all participants of this thread and Nelson for getting us started

It is probably desirable to go with a PCB layout that works with the universal mounting standard so thaqt experimenters can use existing chassis and heatsinks.

I didn't follow that advice with by Teaser-6 layouts, primarily because I could not locate a cheap fabricator for prototype quantity PCBs of the needed board dimensions.