F6 Amplifier

Can I use Jensen JT-11-FLPCH

The greedy boy that I am, went ahead and bought Jensen JT-11-FLPCH transformers couple of months back along with Semisouth R100As, in anticipation of F6 build. But Papa's circuit that is published says JT-123-FLPCH.

Is there a way I can use the JT-11-FLPCH transformers?

Regards

Joined 2009
Paid Member
May I ask some question, the Jensen has a DC resistance of about 28 ohm, the Edcor XS4400 nearly 115 Ohm. In parallel the primaries have 14 or 57 Ohm.
So the feedback loop with the Edcor is more open, so I could try to reduce the 100 Ohm to a smaller value?

And is the 18 R concerned when the xformer has other data?

Thanks!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Pa sez that you can use 2 same xformers in F6 , but I don't think that's most convenien , regarding price , in your case :rofl:

F6 needs 1:1+1 xfrmr

you have 1:1

whatever - buy JT-123-FLPCH (they're luckily less troublesome than Semisouth parts ) , and use JT-11-FLPCH either for input or output duty ...... in something

whatever - it's handy to have some isolation xformers in cousine ...... or house , generally ;)

Pa sez that you can use 2 same xformers in F6 , but I don't think that's most convenien , regarding price , in your case :rofl:

F6 needs 1:1+1 xfrmr

you have 1:1

whatever - buy JT-123-FLPCH (they're luckily less troublesome than Semisouth parts ) , and use JT-11-FLPCH either for input or output duty ...... in something

whatever - it's handy to have some isolation xformers in cousine ...... or house , generally ;)

Thanks. I will buy the right model.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
some news....:)

my gremlins worked again.....:D

I had the upper secondary winding on one Jensen not on the place 5 and 7 but on the lower place 6 and 8.

the other Jensen was correct....

and because I had some oscillation last days I checked the offset and AC output

and again in a rhythm of 12 sec one blue LED on the wrong channel was flickering and there was a high, very short AC peak of over 20V....

yes, I am mad it cannot be.....

I dare to say again... maybe this circuit reacts very quick on small differences between the two channels...

I have still the 1000uF, and of course reason for the instability is always a fault of mine, but so small faults....... Gremlins come on...:D

forgot.... after correcting the place all osci was gone...!

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, because of the long waiting I thought Nelson might wait till some F6 are produced at FW...And maybe he is alone in the production team. Son and nephew away, hope he found someone else...
Isnt it incredible that he is giving away for us all details of his probably commercial product for free........!?!! :D:D