F6 Amplifier

I was very disappointed by the F5. I just love the Aleph 4.

The Aleph 4 is much more complicated and more expensive to build though. Each has its own fans.
The varying impedance of the loudspeaker versus frequency may be responsible in its mating with the output impedance [Zo]/damping of the power amp. F5 has a very low output Zo. What is output Zo for Aleph 4?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
SPECIFICATIONS

Gain 20 dB balanced

Freq. Response - 3 dB at 0.3 Hz, -3 dB at 100 KHz

Power Output 100 watts/ch 8 ohms

Distortion (1KHz) <1%THD

Output Impedance 0.1ohm

Input Impedance 10 Kohm unbalanced

25 Kohm differential

Input CMRR > -50 dB Typical

Power Consumption 500 watts

Dimensions 16 " W x 16" D x 10.5" H

Shipping Weight 105 lb.

THere is a power rating difference. To me the F5 with two pairs sounds very different the standard F5. The Aleph has multilpe output pairs. Changes all sorts of things. It is also SE, which has a different sonic signature. Simple truth, he didnt like F5. Doesn't say whether it is better or not, just different. I dont think Nelson numbered the amps in order of quality. He was probably jus ttrying to keep it simple. Perhaps we assigned the notion of increasing quality.

The fishing trip was great. The catching was mediocre, but that's ok.

I have switched back to listening with my F5 balanced. The Teaser-6 had too much second harmonic "coloration" for my taste.

I probably should build a multi-fet per rail, balanced F5 to see the difference. OTOH, I have F4, BA-C0 and BA-3 gain boards that I haven't used. Time to build a chassis for them.

I will just run of capacitor storage:D

You want a laugh, you ought to see where I am going with speakers. Clearly I have compensation issues. The wife is excited, and that goes a looooong way.

How as fishing. I bet it was beautiful this time of year.

When I lived in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the SF Bay area I needed a generator for many days frequently due to the high winds destroying power lines in the winter storms. Since I have moved to the "Land of the 100 Valleys" in the Roseburg Oregon area I have needed the generator only once for 3 hours.

It seems you are going to be in need of a generator soon as well:D
THe Ba3 is very nice and has wonderful possiblities.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you can make this one in a meantime

:devilr:

disclaimer - from slide 13 of 19

really don't know what was in later slides :rofl:

Papa still didn't sent me lecture and I doubt it will :clown:

Attachments

• Shameless-Babelfish-F6.jpg
    Shameless-Babelfish-F6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 483