Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can quit anytime , too

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 322
I have been doing some serious listening to my "improved" Teaser-6 and it now brings back memories of some of the old tube amplifiers from my past in the 50s and 60s. Since Nelson described it as "basically it's a classic" I suspect I am listening to something similar to what he intended. :)

I suspect that I will switch back to my balanced F5 after a few days. One idea would be to find an antique cabinet used for the best radios in the 30s and 40s and equip it with an F6 and a decent 12 inch speaker.

I have not really played around with the P3 adjustment on the F5 other than to null the 2nd harmonic. I wouldn't say that there is much "edginess" with the F5, other than perhaps needing a little high frequency rolloff.

Excellente! What do you think? Keeper? Isnt interesting how different the sonic signatures of amps can be. Have you tried tweaking edginess out of f5?

Off Topic, please excuse -

For those contemplating to "soften" the F5 towards something like the proposed sound of this F6, changing the resistors for Rhopoints for the crutical positions, TRW/PRPs for others and the Isabellenhutte PBH for the power resistors is a complete "gamechanger" - pity the darn things cost so much, plus the "necessary" upgrading of power supplies.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM: What is the material of that grill and how long does it take to get it hot enough for pancakes?

material is plain stone ;)

it must not be sandy - meaning - it can't have sand layers , because that sort of stone will not last long

you must be careful during first fire - start with small amount of wood and add slowly ; if stone live that without cracking , it's most probably good

some sort of support underneath is wise to have , so it leaves only thermall issues to stone

wrote that several times already , in all sorts of threads in Papaland :rofl:

before heating it for next BBQ , clean it with wire-brush and some other sort of hard brush

when hot , add grease or oil ;

regular time for full temp - less than you need to heat up casted iron BBQ

material is plain stone ;)

it must not be sandy - meaning - it can't have sand layers , because that sort of stone will not last long

you must be careful during first fire - start with small amount of wood and add slowly ; if stone live that without cracking , it's most probably good

some sort of support underneath is wise to have , so it leaves only thermall issues to stone

wrote that several times already , in all sorts of threads in Papaland :rofl:

before heating it for next BBQ , clean it with wire-brush and some other sort of hard brush

when hot , add grease or oil ;

regular time for full temp - less than you need to heat up casted iron BBQ
Pita bread?