Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2012, 01:24 PM   #111
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

The circuit most likely has gain. Where, the xfrmr, the comon source? If the windings are not equal that is another variable allowing the opposing efforts of the transistors to actually have on oppose more than the other and output something
Old 24th July 2012, 01:37 PM   #112
Banned

And I will be happy to do it, because it means I learnt something
Old 24th July 2012, 01:46 PM   #113
Banned

The only way I can see it working with the signals in phase after the transformer and it still be considered symmetrical is if it does some sought of push pull, but then it would not be a class A amp
Old 24th July 2012, 01:46 PM   #114
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

one gate must be fully modulated

lower one

so - there is gain
Old 24th July 2012, 01:48 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Gain in the xfrmr and no gain in the follower? The winding to the lower (current source) is a reduced ratio to modulate it ?
Old 24th July 2012, 01:49 PM   #116
Banned

Ok. I better leave now before my head explodes
Old 24th July 2012, 01:50 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
I thought that was every time.
Not so fast buzzforb; there is another way to cheer Mr. Pass. He may chose to smile instead knowing the onus is on us DIYers to understand the F6 circuit. Let us remember that our motto is DIY: Do It [the experiments] Yourself. The attached pdf [OTLAmp2] shows a safe and practical schematic to understand the F6 circuit. Use a low +/- Vc and high values for R to safeguard the bjts or others. The phase of the secondaries of the interstage transformer [toroid or iron core] can be connected [at will] one of two ways: In or Out of phase. Compare the attendant useful output power in a non inductive 8 Ohm load. The bottom right corner of the pdf shows a possible way to understand the F6 circuit by SIMULTATION [lucky you DIYers who have this capability]. Again the signal sources can be In or Out of phase.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OTLAmp2.pdf (29.2 KB, 173 views)
Old 24th July 2012, 02:15 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

If we seperate the two output halves... The top follower would present a signal at the output that would be in phase with the input, but, the feedback is fed to the - side of the primary allowing for - feedback.
The bottom transistor feeds the output node out of phase. If this signal were the majority of the feedback signal it would be positive feedback. Oscilators are designed with positive F.B.
I don't know it all either??? If the output haves were effectively outputing the same signal, there would be no F.B. If one is distorted and the other not, there would be F.B. correcting the distortion

Last edited by flg; 24th July 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 24th July 2012, 02:20 PM   #119
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

nope
Old 24th July 2012, 02:23 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flg View Post
If we seperate the two output halves... The top follower would present a signal at the output that would be in phase with the input, but, the feedback is fed to the - side of the primary allowing for - feedback.
The bottom transistor feeds the output node out of phase. If this signal were the majority of the feedback signal it would be positive feedback. Oscilators are designed with positive F.B.
I don't know it all either??? If the output haves were effectively outputing the same signal, there would be no F.B. If one is distorted and the other not, there would be F.B. correcting the distortion
Your continued analysis of the F6 circuit is beneficial and worthwhile. best regards.

Hide this!Advertise here!