De-Lite strange problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Given that you are having problems, you would want Fig. 10, assuming that
you are using a depletion mode part.

Also given that you are having problems, perhaps you should insert a 100
ohm or so resistor in series with the Gate of the Mosfet.

The idea that it works with one source and not another is quite suspicious.

Measure some of the DC voltages for us.

:cool:

Last edited:
I think I have solved my problems. It was ZenMod who caused some doubt.

Nelson. What I don't understand is :-

I have built the amp as per Fig 5. This suggests that this is an "improved" version of the first iteration. Fig 10 is an "icing on the cake" working (as far as I can see and suggested that this equals a 300B amp).

Are you saying that unless I build as per Fig 10 I am wasting my time?

I am using 20N FETS. I am pretty sure that the circuit is NOW working correctly. I will measure the DC voltages.

Rob.

Hi Nelson, what do you think about my latest circuit(sorry about the lousy schematic drawing) which has been built and works incredibly well with two way large horns.

Any idea on output power?

Attachments

• sch_ZCA.png
    sch_ZCA.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 124
Yes, this is correct.
What you basically have here is a one point grounding of important signal path areas. The hum should be greatly reduced as a result.

By the way, has anyone tried to build my high voltage version yet?
I would be very curious to hear your impressions on the difference between the standard circuit and the modified one. The input transformer really brings this amp to life!;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.