De-Lite grounding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just as long as the wire isn't passing too close to the xformer magnetic field. In my case it was only a matter of about one inch farther away from xformer. I have an F2J clone.

Exactly same experience here!
I had hum on an F2J clone. The amp is dead silent when moving the Transformer about 1 or 2 inches back, or by turning it a few degrees. It can be tricky as the "silent zone" is very slim .. just a few degrees wide.

Fred

Exactly same experience here!
I had hum on an F2J clone. The amp is dead silent when moving the Transformer about 1 or 2 inches back, or by turning it a few degrees. It can be tricky as the "silent zone" is very slim .. just a few degrees wide.

Fred

OK, I will give it a try.

I built a Pass F2 using Peter Daniels board. The tx was orientated as normal (on floor of case) and there is a lot of air around it as the case is a lot bigger.

Rob.

Hi,
Attached it is drawing of the star ground that I used to fix a hum problem in my amplifier. It may help you fixing your problem.

Attachments

• star ground layout.jpg
    star ground layout.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 70
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well - I wrote that one proper pic is worth as zillion words

problem can be wiring , but also physical layout of ripple currents in your C bank

how's that made ?

it's easy to make pics today , to shrink them and post them

don't use flash but some other source of additional light

anyway - look here - maybe you'll learn trick or two ( same as I was doing long ago before internet , first read , look , think ........ and ask only if you're in deep drek)

Babelfish J2 , ongoing ; Part Four - diyaudio.rs

c3e7u5n

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.