Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Based on your pcb pic: simply connect 1 blue and 1 black wire from your transformer output to the 2 x AC connectors located on top left. Put some electrical tape on the end of the unused blue wire. By doing so you will get a DC voltage of about 20V across the Gnd and V+ connections on the right side of your pcb. The ACA does not require a negative voltage to work. Just connect both channels to the Gnd and V+ this way you’ll be able to use your transformer.

What about the left side? According to your configuration, only 1 side can be used.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I don't hv the pcb diagram. I bought this in ebay.

Any idea how?

go back to post where I posted pics and info for 2 diode full rectifier

remove both diode bridges and caps from pcb , connect per above info directly with wires

no way that you can use existing pcb for ACA , at least no if you don't know what you're doing (cutting traces and making new traces with wire; tutorial for that is sorta hard to make , without having pcb in hands ...... looking just at pictures is recipe for fookoop)

be creative

Last edited:
go back to post where I posted pics and info for 2 diode full rectifier

remove both diode bridges and caps from pcb , connect per above info directly with wires

no way that you can use existing pcb for ACA , at least no if you don't know what you're doing (cutting traces and making new traces with wire; tutorial for that is sorta hard to make , without having pcb in hands ...... looking just at pictures is recipe for fookoop)

be creative
According to your post I need another center tap transformer. I think I can understand from the pictures.

Remove both diode bridges and caps, and connect directly, mean connect the transformer directly to ACA?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
why would you need 2 xformers ?!?

you have one , use what you have

if you want dual mono ( as I made), then buy another one

Remove both diode bridges and caps, and connect directly, mean connect the transformer directly to ACA?

connect bridges and caps directly with wire (according to sch on link I posted previously), without pcb ......... just because you can't use this one

if you

......connect the transformer directly to ACA?

you'll make one big bang , no amplifier

point is - to use what you have , you need to reach bottom (to fully understand) of circuit you need to use (2 diode full rectifier arrangement)

sometimes pure visual Lego/Puzzle approach isn't enough , you must invest some elbow grease

Last edited:
why would you need 2 xformers ?!?

you have one , use what you have

if you want dual mono ( as I made), then buy another one

connect bridges and caps directly with wire (according to sch on link I posted previously), without pcb ......... just because you can't use this one

if you

you'll make one big bang , no amplifier

point is - to use what you have , you need to reach bottom (to fully understand) of circuit you need to use (2 diode full rectifier arrangement)

sometimes pure visual Lego/Puzzle approach isn't enough , you must invest some elbow grease
Ok i think i get what you mean. Just remove the parts from the pcb n reconnect it with wires so that i can use back all the 4 caps.

NO!!!!
That would go puff.
s'pose what ZM meant was desoldering your psu board and use the parts according to his suggested schematic.
Wiring a simple psu is no witchcraft - you'll make it. take a perfboard.

Be confident!
A.

Ahhh ... too late again...
Oh yes. I understand now but doing this am i using only 100va from the transformer? Will this be enough?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Oh yes. I understand now but doing this am i using only 100va from the transformer? Will this be enough?

two diode full wave rectifier is engaging all 3 wires from secondary

result - you're using entire potential of xformer

remember - playing with mains voltage is lethal

better stay competent in own field , having someone else doing other field work .....

remember that best part of building anything is actually learning new things .

learn , then do

two diode full wave rectifier is engaging all 3 wires from secondary

result - you're using entire potential of xformer

remember - playing with mains voltage is lethal

better stay competent in own field , having someone else doing other field work .....

remember that best part of building anything is actually learning new things .

learn , then do
Yes, agree. I have learn a lot from here. Again thanks for your replied.

moppy,
are you shure your centertap is just one wire?
the CT transformers I've seen so far have two wires in one isolation hose and were just soldered at the tip. take a close look!
A.

I saw 2 wires joined together. Here what I do. I use meter to check the continunity test. Each blue wire only beep with 1 black wire. I think there's no shorting at all. Therefore, now can I use this for my power supply?

Zen Mod, what do you think? I guess this is easier for me to take every parts out from the pcb and reconnect it with wire.

Attachments

• 20171218_122421.jpg
    20171218_122421.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 391
  • 20171218_125205.jpg
    20171218_125205.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 378
Last edited: