Amp Camp Amp - ACA

The meanwell has two outputs. Are they the same voltage?

While I've not used that particular model, looking at the photo, that certainly appears to be the case. Note that the smaller models do not include cooling fans, so ventilation of the total chassis is essential.

My own build happened to be from a recycled Bogen PA amp chassis with lots of breathing space and a fully ventilated u-shaped cover. It's been powered up 24/7 for at least a year, and gets between 6 -8hrs a day playing at background levels.

ACA2

Papa won me on ACA already. in a multiamped system that little amp is absolutely the best value. He made a reference to a tube-like sound quality of ACA2 in another thread and posted the basic specs. the gain is low (~11dB only) but I am half set to try it out if it will operate off of 24V PS (I already have one ACA sharing PS with F5). wait and see what the master says ;).

p.s. I have a feeling that that little amp is a similar experience like LXMini speakers were for Linkwitz; kind of a small scale side effort and then it beats all expectations and one gets to learn something from it.

Starting packaging...

JP

Attachments

• IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    531.6 KB · Views: 642
I have a matched pair of 2SK170 GR. I did a measurement with a 9v battery. V+ to drain and 100 ohm resistor across the gate and source legs to battery V-. Voltmeter read .4V. So I would guess 4ma idss. I read that the ACA needs the B grade 6 - 12 idss. Will the 4 idss work or should I source a different set?