Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Last Saturday the 17e we had the first ampcamp on this side of the pond, in The Neherlands.
I was fortunate to be able to use a fully equipped electronics lab room at the local tech college.
25 people building 50 ampcamps! Was a great day!
The report is here but it's in Dutch, so you need to make do with the pics...

jan
The attendees had broad smiles on their faces; content and happy. Maybe another future event like "Burning Amp Festival".

Just heated up my ACAs today. Sounds great. I have it my office and it blows away the Yamaha AV receiver I have been using (until today). I am very surprised by the difference. Definition and sound stage are so much better. This with low end bookshelf speakers. I am going to build the Arpeggio's next. I would like to put in a proper chassis - thinking the 2U with Quasi heat sinks - bolt the ACA heat sinks to the quasi sides. I am hooked!

Ok I just finished my ACA......I didn't finish it when Macfixer came over as I hadn't finalised the case.

I still haven't sorted the case but I wanted to hear THAT sound again. Been playing with it in the raw (the amp not me ;)) and flying thru my CD's.

What a sound!! Again thanks team DIYAudio and Mr Nelson Pass :cool:

Still got a monster turn off thump. I was hoping to use these with compression drivers but it will blow them up!!!!!!! need a soft shutdown thingy - any ideas

Last edited:
pleasantly surprised.....

Having heard many good things about the ACA, I bought a pair of Kit from DIY store. The service at DIY store was top notch, kit was shipped in a day and received the package in less than a week. :cheers:

Spent 2 nights assembling the kit and volia now it is singing. Source is a old niam cd2 > BA3 FE > ACA > Markaudio Alpair 6 floorstander. I am amazed by the sound quality.

Once agian, thank you Papa Pass.

Anyone tried build them of them for HT application? It would be interesting...

Attachments

• ACA.JPG
    ACA.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,112
Hi,

I just got my aca's up and running. I am using a Bottlehead Quickie preamp, and DIY bookshelf speakers with Fostex FE126En drivers. My source is an old Nakamichi CD4. The system sounds great and seems to be rapidly improving. The Amps work flawlessly. The speakers are quite bright, but the drivers only have a few hours on them. They improve by the hour. Overall, the whole package sounds better than I ever imagined it would. Thanks for the great amp kits. The only problem is, now I am whithout a project. Hmmm... Maybe bigger speaker cabs... An F5?

Spkrs

Having heard many good things about the ACA, I bought a pair of Kit from DIY store. The service at DIY store was top notch, kit was shipped in a day and received the package in less than a week. :cheers:

Spent 2 nights assembling the kit and volia now it is singing. Source is a old niam cd2 > BA3 FE > ACA > Markaudio Alpair 6 floorstander. I am amazed by the sound quality.

Once agian, thank you Papa Pass.

Anyone tried build them of them for HT application? It would be interesting...
What kind of enclosures do u have for ur Mark Audio Spkrs?