Amp Camp Amp - ACA - Page 50 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th October 2012, 09:44 PM   #491
diyAudio Member

Armani design
Old 26th October 2012, 09:47 PM   #492
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
May I suggest all part numbers etc on the diagram on the front, and the parts list, minus the suppliers, on the back?

OT - I saw somewhere 'The First Watt Is The Deepest' not sure where but it would make a cool T in Papa's curvy font

Last edited by JRKO; 26th October 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:06 PM   #493
winslow is offline winslow  United States
diyAudio Member

That is cool. I may build it "stock" at first just to see how I like it. It's going in the car on a set of compression drivers. The last amp I built was a mini-Aleph and it was ok...just a ton of noise on the SMPS that I am using from a donor chassis. The fact this kit was designed for a SMPS really got me excited.

Maybe I can get rid of the negative feedback?
Old 26th October 2012, 10:50 PM   #494
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Hmmm I think that might be a good idea..
5 pcs to NP , as kudos
Old 26th October 2012, 11:34 PM   #495
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko View Post
My ACA kit arrived yesterday!
I needed to celebrate the event... so i created the last fashion in diy themed T-shirt...
That t-shirt can keep you warm while soldering or be used as reminder to the ACA circuit schematics....

Thank you diyaudio!
I would need two shirts... you know, because I am living in stereo.
Old 26th October 2012, 11:57 PM   #496
kikko is offline kikko  Italy
diyAudio Member

i like the fact the t-shirt was liked!

I can supply some T-shirts to team who created the camp amp, the event and the kit as my small contribution to diyaudio. (if they like the t-shirt)
aAnd i can give someone the embroidery file used if there is intrest because i don't think is economically wise to ship a box of t-shirt from EU to USA..
Old 27th October 2012, 08:55 AM   #497
diyAudio Member

Kikko - cudos for the idea!!!

Is there no end to our talents? We are masters of solid state, valves, chip amps, class D, power supplies, headphone amps, turnatables,
tonearms, phono stages, preamps, passive preamps, crossovers, CD players, solid state players, Dacs, digital crossovers, equalisers, music servers,
multiway, fullrange, subwoofers, planars.........AND EMBROIDERY!!!

Lets Knit a Death Star!!!
Old 27th October 2012, 03:25 PM   #498
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRKO View Post
Kikko - cudos for the idea!!!

Is there no end to our talents? We are masters of solid state, valves, chip amps, class D, power supplies, headphone amps, turnatables,
tonearms, phono stages, preamps, passive preamps, crossovers, CD players, solid state players, Dacs, digital crossovers, equalisers, music servers,
multiway, fullrange, subwoofers, planars.........AND EMBROIDERY!!!
Strangely, I feel left out of that list. Though I aspire to that level with those talents, I am still working on de-soldering properly . Just reading all the posts, you guys here in this forum are monsters of Class A.
Old 27th October 2012, 03:44 PM   #499
diyAudio Member

dont feel left out!!! I still burn myself sometimes If I'm having a stoo'pid day I'll solder one or two things and leave it for a while.

BTW That list is just a quick run through of the various forums here on the site. Definitely not personal a skill list - I wish....

But together!!!! Together, the force is strong in us!!! (and theres always someone who will know a bloke who knows)

On the Pass forum there are giants walking among us and sometimes 'The Creator' himself drops in. I'm more of a 'muppet' of class A

Last edited by JRKO; 27th October 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 27th October 2012, 04:36 PM   #500
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

One side the schematic I think , the other side a board outline with the parts outlines shown- like the board silkscreen layer, Then the list of parts underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRKO View Post
May I suggest all part numbers etc on the diagram on the front, and the parts list, minus the suppliers, on the back?

OT - I saw somewhere 'The First Watt Is The Deepest' not sure where but it would make a cool T in Papa's curvy font

Hide this!Advertise here!