Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Now I am confused.
What would be the 5 band color code of a 0.068 ohm resistor? And of a 0.68 ohm one?

I'm not sure that colour banded 0.068 ohm resistors actually exist.

I took a quick look on Mouser and found heaps of SMD resistors at this value. At the time, I spotted just 1 through hole resistor (Vishay) and it had written detail on its outer surface to communicate its spec.

Hi Neel007,

Have you considered that you're amp may be bursting into oscliation when you go beyond a certain voltage bias ? It could be because of your PCB layout. Have you looked at it on a scope ?

Hi Mike,

The Amp does not do anything anymore, it acts as a short circuit. What is it in the PCB layout that would prompt you to think of occilation, it is a single layer pcb...

it's just that I have seen cct's burst into oscillation when perameters like voltage bias are adjusted so it is always a possibility that has to be considered. I have some spare ACA boards. If you want to give me the going rate I could post them to you. could be there in a few days.

mike

it's just that I have seen cct's burst into oscillation when perameters like voltage bias are adjusted so it is always a possibility that has to be considered. I have some spare ACA boards. If you want to give me the going rate I could post them to you. could be there in a few days.

mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you, but part of the fun for me is designing and etching my own PCB's. If I go insane before I get it working I might take you up on your offer ;)

Cheers,
Neel

Here is a pic of my amps, mono operation via single ended cables from my Hafler 915 preamp. Drives Klipsch Heresey 2 speakers, with a Thorens TD 125 Mk2 with an SME 3009 tonearm.
Nice Elwood, tell me, when you say mono (I'm still struggling with the concept of mono bridging), do you mean one RCA into each amp, and one speaker into each amp thus creating a "double mono" or stereo or do you mean literally mono audio coming out of both speakers?
If the latter, I can't see why anyone would want to listen in mono to anything, or am I missing something big here?

Burr Walnut....Sweeeeet!
Hi, I hope you still think so.
My marquetry techniques leave a great deal to be desired, but overall I'm fairly satisfied.

Attachments

• 20181027_201256.jpg
    20181027_201256.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 413
  • 20181028_103552.jpg
    20181028_103552.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 412