fake fwt f5 on ebay aus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nelson is okay with people using his published designs if - and only if - it's not for commercial interest AND it must be clearly stated that the item is a clone and not the actual thing. The latter helps avoiding that people mistake fake/counterfeit/replica items (and their performance) with the real product.

Last edited:
to those who think this is ok

no1, he is using the pass name to sell his product

no2 ,wether he is making a big profit or not he is using a schematic that was given to us on this forum in good faith with strict orders against commercial use

"bozos" like this only care about themself /dollars and will ruin it for the rest of us who really do appreciate mr pass and his contributions to this site/our community

Sheafer

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Shorted turn?

Is there a potential shorted turn on the transfos (green wire to mounting screw of transfo) according to one picture?...

From ebay item title its states "F5 Amplifier" so it is using Pass product name to advertise its product...
Other ebay sellers do the same thing even for other brand names but it is not a justification to make it acceptable...:nownow:

Fab

Last edited:

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
F5 is no trade name. how many DVD players is named DVDXXXX?
or CD players name CDXXX?

I said "Pass product name" not Pass name. Anyway, it is only rethoric, the intention is the same since everybody knows that "F5" for an audio amplifier means "Pass F5 amplifier"... I am not talking about legality but more ethics...

i agree it chould not be sold for profit. dont get me wrong.
:cheers:

What about the possible shorted turn...?

Fab

Last edited:
Hi audiosan,

i agree it chould not be sold for profit. dont get me wrong.
Maybe he won't sell many I looked at his site and he only sold a few from his feedback page ,Hopefully people that see it on this site will know not to touch it with a ten foot wooded pole.
Some people don't let stupid stop them,lol. I D 10 T:D
Maybe if everyone on this site was to email him 10 times a day for a month.........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The advert is MISLEADING. It should clearly state that this is a DIY build of the Pass design.

There are a LOT of guys on E-Bay that do not have English as their first language and could buy this thinking that they are buying an original Pass unit.

Nothing wrong with selling your CLONE in this case as long as it is clearly sold as a DIY CLONE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.