Recapping Forte 1a any suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Panasonic electrolytics are very good value and they will do the trick in most cases. For a bit more money you can go with Mundorf AG to get a bit more fidelity. If you just got the bonus for a last year results of your company and you are thinking "Oh God, what can I buy that will please me after I just bought my new Ferrari ...", you can go with Jensens - really good but expencieve ...

I believe the caps in the amp are Aerovox 45v,24000uf.

I can't any caps this big in 45v. Here is a link to what I believe are BHC Aerovox in 63v, 24000uf.

Can someone point me to some of the brands mentioned in the previous post in suitable values. These above are 20% tolerance. Is that acceptable?

Thanks.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
My sincere apologies to the OP, he sent me some photos to look at and post here, and I didn't get a chance to do it before the busiest week of my year... anyway, here are some photos of the caps for those who are interested.

forte3.jpg

forte2.jpg

forte1.jpg

The biggest concern I would have (other than an appropriate voltage and capacitance rating) is dimensions. The clamp won't work with a bigger diameter at all, although somewhat smaller is workable. Also make sure that the replacement isn't significantly taller than the originals. (Unless you have lots of room above the caps and under the top plate.)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.