BOSOZ low output?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've constructed the BOSOZ and the good news is that there is no smoke (I am always happy to get this far!). Anyway, I am using two Panasonic plastic pots at the output, valued at 10K. I chose not to match the transistors and at the moment I am using the amp as unbalanced.

The output seems very low, the volume pots work in that I can turn them all the way to the other end! However, these are the 4 pinned variety that I have not encountered. have I wired the pot wrongly? Also, the voltages on Drain is 31.4v and -4.3v on Source, Gate is grounded. R15 is 221 ohms, as I wanted to see how much gain we're playing with. Have I missed something?
Or is there a thread that someone could direct me to, as always advice is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Brownlow

P.S. I got to start on the Aleph5 next...

Hallo
Few days ago I hooked up first time my BoSoZ. First impression was probably the same. It works, works fine but output signal was low. It was about twice lower than directly from CD ( CD with variable output so I could compare system with or without aditional preamp betwen CD and amp). I approach gain by decreasing R15 to 100 ohm. The output level now looks OK. Music play on the same volum like directly from CD.
This experience push me to omit input/output pots and adjusting only the gain.

Regards
Krzysztof

P.S. My next pre will be clone Aleph P 1.7 in P2P configuration.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.