Yet another F5 building log

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Has anyone built the F5c from the store ,seems some of the values and resistors used don't match up with the Bom and the board,I have searched for cviller on DIY and not found the right thread for F5c,I did compare it to Nelson Pass new article f5 turbo alot of ratio's of resistors are different ,I am waiting on some parts before I can put the juice to it,any suggestions would be appreciated!

hi

Well about the heatsinks, it depends a lot both on the heatsinks themselves and on the final bias that you will end up with.
There is no easy yes/no answer if they will be enough. You start low and see how hot they get as you increase bias.

I'm going to get the bigger ones and if it needs fans it will get them I robbed a lot of computer fans to use on plasma tv's ,The newer computer supplies run real quiet at full speed,
Thanks,
Ns:D

hi,
I did check it ,it's is OUT OF DATE and so IS the SCHEMATIC to the BOM,Did you think I didn't look at that first?LOL.Why do you think I started asking,lol.
I did google cviller and he has a new revisted bom and a different schematic up ,so If you need it that's how to find it . He made reference to consult Nelson's article ,so I'll use that instead.Cviller said he would help with a blog for the build ,instead of a thread so he can receive feedback.I emailed Jason,so maybe he can fix that for us ,so some other s might not have to venture down the rabbit hole.
Have a GREAT day!

Hi,
Has anyone built the F5c from the store ,seems some of the values and resistors used don't match up with the Bom and the board,I have searched for cviller on DIY and not found the right thread for F5c,I did compare it to Nelson Pass new article f5 turbo alot of ratio's of resistors are different ,I am waiting on some parts before I can put the juice to it,any suggestions would be appreciated!

first of. what version are you building? standar F5? dobble output? cascoded dobble output?

I wish they had arrived during the weekend, but I guess toys are nice, even if you cannot play with them right now :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DIM_0979.jpg
    DIM_0979.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 425
Yeah too bad about the 400VA limit... And those won t be available until August or something if i remember correctly...
About attaching them, the top "bell" is screwed to a shaft which has a M5 (I think) hole so you just drill the bottom of your chassis and fit it.
Nice and easy.
I will post more photos soon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.