F5 PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just want to verify my thoughts before i go spend a wad of cash on parts

I want to build a dual mono PSU for my F5 build.

Would this PSU design be appropriate for one channel? ie. i need to make two.

Also, would 2x300VA transformers be appropriate size.

Thanks

-Riley
216597d1301602692-f5-power-amplifier-f5-psu.gif

hello buzz :) mine are 6" high(long) and are now consuming about 90W pr side.
but they can do ALOT more if you can spread out the heat. only half of mine get warm.
and that half only get to about 45C on the baseplate( 1cm away from the outher transistors).
so 150W pr side with good heatspread is possible :) depending on your ambient temp.
mine is 22C

150W is guesswork :) but i think it's close actual numbers.

Last edited:
hello. they are just thight together.
no you need 2 of them. its just that the outher halfs dont got to warm.
the outputs cant carie the heat that long. if the center outputs is wired outside the boards to the last 10-12cm of the heatsink. then it can handle around 150W pr side.(dissepation)

:D.
What sink would i need for that amp board i just bought? Would one of those sinks per channel 6 inches high do the job? This is too crazy... i was also thinking of a true chip amp, should be feasible after my aleph build... however, i want to be class A all the way :D. What have i done.... :D. You mind posting a photo of those amp boards? You havent build them yet? The boards were a steal!

Last edited:
hehe :D
the boards from chipamp? you an build whatever aleph you want with them.
aleph30 you can use same sinks as i have on my F5 on "steroids" :D
they will be perfekt in fact. you can do with 5" to. but just go for 6"
and mount the fets 2/3 from the bottom. 3 on each heatsink :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.