F5 turbo heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello. i'm starting F5 turbo v3 now.
i'm loocked at heatsinks USA's 10.80" profiles. 6" high.
so 20x6" pr side. i need to desepate around 200w pr channel.
the sinks can't do the job by themself. i need some heattrnasfer:)
what to use? 10mm copper? or just move the center outputs outside of the boards? one of 2:)

Last edited:
get a pair of those 6" high heatsinks and a 14" high version.
Bolt the two 6" to the back of the 14" leaving a horizontal gap of ~2" between.
Fit the F5T into that gap.

This should adequately cool your proposed monoblock amp.

You could reduce the height of the heatsinks below the F5T. Maybe 3" at bottom, 6" at top and 11" joining them.

Alternatively mount the 6" heatsinks back to back with a 1" vertical gap between them.
Mount half the Ns and half the Ps to one sink.
Mount the remaining Ns & Ps to the other sink.

Keeping the Ns & Ps towards the bottom will allow the PCB to be mounted just below the sinks to keep the wires fairly short. Psu below that leaving the sinks looking like they are mounted on a flagpole.

Last edited:
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The Rth is around 0,15 C/W. If you have 8 mosfets all dissipating around 30 Watt= 240 Watt. So 0.15x240= 36 C temperature rise above T ambient.
Don't know how hot it is over there, but say 24C + 36C = 60 C. Wouldn't go further then this 60C.
And there is an effect that the heatsinks are specified at a higher temperature where they dissipate better...so they will actually run hotter than the 60C.

But give it a try, you can always lower the bias a bit. ( Like I did...)
I have 80mm fins, 200 x 300 mm sinks, and they dissipate around 160 -180 Watt.
Your heatsinks are 100 mm longer and they have ribbed fins, so give it a try.

Walter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.