Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2012, 02:53 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Is it wrong in F5 TURBO V3?

In the F5 TURBO V3 sch..R25=10K but the R26=47.5K,is it wrong?
Old 5th April 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Itsmee is offline Itsmee  England
diyAudio Member

R26 should be 10K
Old 5th April 2012, 05:42 PM   #3
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

As Itsmee says, and N.P, "In the example of cascode Q7, a voltage reference is set by resistors R25 and R27 between V+ and Ground so that the Jfets see about 1/3 of the rail voltage." In order for "them" to see 1/3 the rail voltage, yes, R26 would be about 10k!
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:44 AM   #4
anilva is offline anilva  India
diyAudio Member

Is this confirmed? I am about to fire up my V3...
DIY F5 Turbo V3, DIY F5 Turbo V2, DIY F5, DIY F5 Toshiba Dual output, DIY Aleph J, DIY Fostex 206 BLH, DIY Altec Onken with 515B LF & 288H HF, Behringer Digital Xover, Technics SP10 MKII & SL-1210, EMT938 TT.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:04 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Confirmed though use a bulb and don't fear anything.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:20 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

It is a voltage divider as stated. It sets the voltagre at the base of the bjt, which sets the voltage that thecdrain of the input fet sees. Fire it up and let it burn.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:13 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I had soldered a 47.5K. Looks like I need to replace with a 10K.
DIY F5 Turbo V3, DIY F5 Turbo V2, DIY F5, DIY F5 Toshiba Dual output, DIY Aleph J, DIY Fostex 206 BLH, DIY Altec Onken with 515B LF & 288H HF, Behringer Digital Xover, Technics SP10 MKII & SL-1210, EMT938 TT.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:21 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

this is a good example of how important it is to try to understand how the circuit actually works over just building it. If you are going for a one shot deal, I can understand just putting it together, but if you want to continue on in building different things, try to look beyond the values and into the circuit and understand why they are there and what it is that they do. I have often found deep satisfaction in finally understanding what others may consider trivial. For me it is another life/learning experience.
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:27 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

R25-R28 is not fixed. they can be adjusted for everyones need and and rail voltage.
Old 23rd November 2012, 04:49 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
this is a good example of how important it is to try to understand how the circuit actually works over just building it. If you are going for a one shot deal, I can understand just putting it together, but if you want to continue on in building different things, try to look beyond the values and into the circuit and understand why they are there and what it is that they do. I have often found deep satisfaction in finally understanding what others may consider trivial. For me it is another life/learning experience.
There are people who understand the circuits and the role of each component very well and would like to experiment and then there are some like me who understand basically and superficially at a block level and cannot go beyond that, not for lack of application but due to certain limitations. For me lack of complete understanding does not prevent me from building. I hope these builds work and if it does not - seek help from forum members and see where it ends up. I would rather try and fail, than not build anything at all. Different strokes for different folks...

Hide this!Advertise here!