Is it wrong in F5 TURBO V3? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2012, 04:51 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Have you gotten the non working channel up and running? Any firther ideas of what might b wrong or measurements to help guide members.

BTW, how do you like your Altec onken's. I have a pair of 416a's and 288's waiting for my lazy butt to do something with them.
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:09 PM   #12
anilva is offline anilva  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Have you gotten the non working channel up and running? Any firther ideas of what might b wrong or measurements to help guide members.

BTW, how do you like your Altec onken's. I have a pair of 416a's and 288's waiting for my lazy butt to do something with them.
Thanks. I completed passive measurements of comparing both the channels for PCB continuity as well as component integrity (barring few which cannot be tested by DMM). Everything looks fine after fixing 2 dry solders and one bad connection on P1's centre leg. I have just mounted the board back on the heatsink with other mica+goop paraphernalia. I will power it back and see where it goes. I do have a spare board with components if I cannot trace the problem further. It's been difficult juggling time between family, work and hobby.

I have Altec Onkens built around 515Bs and HF 808's through 811B sectoral horns. They are terrific - driven active by a pair of F5s. Just received Azura horns to be paired with existing 288s. Should be good. Closely following Beyond Ariel. I do have 416As as well.
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Excellent selection you have.

Hide this!Advertise here!