"Reference to A2" what is this product?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I was just looking on the internet for class A amplifier boards/amps (out of curiosity from the thread on the chinese clones) ad found this site and product

100W Mosfet Pure Class A SE amplifier PCB stereo pair ! | eBay

I am in no way stating ot implying this seller has slavish imitations of NP's designs but I was curious. In the product description wer have a "reference to A2" is this intended to be a reference to the Aleph series?

Can anyone elaborate on what this product is? Is it a fair application of NP's designs or is it totally unrelated?

Thanks
Alex

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
@Zen mod I do not want to buy them. Trust me I have my hands full with one of the most challenging projects yet:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tube...ltage-driver-ab2-operation-gu81m-tubes-9.html

2KW from tubes...kicks an aleph 1.2 in the behind in terms of construction requirements. 1000w only for filaments :)

I was just trying to understand what is happening on the web with pass products.

I understand this may have been a wrong (poor rather) choice of topic. Please cancel the thread.

Best
Alex :D

@AudioSan I understand...it is not an inherent flaw in the design but rather a poor choice of layout.

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
BTW I think you should have a sticky in this section about exactly what is the situation in regards to Aleph products, their clones (authorised manufacturers), advice and/or caveats you wish users to know about.

A guide to the world of Pass clones so to speak.

Just a suggestion.. :)

@Zen mod I do not want to buy them. Trust me I have my hands full with one of the most challenging projects yet:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tube...ltage-driver-ab2-operation-gu81m-tubes-9.html

2KW from tubes...kicks an aleph 1.2 in the behind in terms of construction requirements. 1000w only for filaments :)

I was just trying to understand what is happening on the web with pass products.

I understand this may have been a wrong (poor rather) choice of topic. Please cancel the thread.

Best
Alex :D

@AudioSan I understand...it is not an inherent flaw in the design but rather a poor choice of layout.

yes. i was thinking of the layout :) designflaws it don't know. and will not find out :D

regarding aleph PCB's. i only know of KK-PCB design. he have alot of aleph boards. and chipamp.com :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.