Cloned Pass Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I hope this is the proper place to ask but after reading Dick Olsher's ETM review, I would like to buy this amp. I would by far prefer an actual Volksamp production model. But I will consider a clone from a builder highly respected by this forum. And I may also want a 2nd Aleph 30 newly built but with two added features. Please advise. Thanks.

Build one yourself! :) There are a number of available PCB that can make an Aleph 30, and the PSU is simple. Or you can build an Aleph J with the 3rd set of outputs which makes it a J on the front end with a 30 back end, which is probably the best way of doing it.

Plenty of people will be glad to help you! Just ask. :)

But I will consider a clone from a builder highly respected by this forum.

Technically that would be a commercial endeavor so that's not really allowed. All this exists so you can do it.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I wasn't there !

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 267
I say we strap him to a couple of F5's and roast his chestnuts for him!!!:cuss:

:D.............:rofl:... with run away bias .... :rofl:

> there is strong probability that every nation have approx. same percentage of guys in mood for steal. Problem is in enormity of Chinese population , so naive soul can think that they're bigger crooks than , say , Americans or Serbs ..... which they certainly aren't .

Very well said.
And victums of such theft are not exclusively people outside the country.

Patrick

Err... I dont think so , check again ........ :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who thinks there may not be a problem here?
The photo in post 1 shows a case that looks like a Pass case but it does not have a Pass logo on it. So it's a replica. Unless someone's trying to pass it off as a genuine Pass Labs product, I don't see how there can be a legal problem.

Think about cars. There are any number of Lotus 7 and GT40 replicas around and nobody makes a fuss about IP theft regarding them. Same story with glass fiber kit cars that are replicas of e.g. Porches. They look like Porches but they're not real Porches, nobody pretends they are, and there's no problem.

Duplicate one of their current models ... different story .... !!!

As a forum, we look very negatively on anyone selling for profit anything that infringes anyone's IP, not just Nelson's.

More personally, why would you want to? Surely the whole point of DIY is to build something different? Be proud of your own work, don't just follow like a sheep.

+10

Wow, I did not know unedumacated people joined forums like this one.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Google translator necessary for anything written by that one ..... :rofl:

Last public spanking i engaged in cost me forty hours community service.

Must have been after the WC ....... :rofl:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
If that belonged to me you would know that I haven't shaved.... :D:D:D

And for that I will not upload photo. :eek:

ps - everyone should send me a couple of bucks for cutting you some slack. Believe me - it is worth paying $$$$ for me to not do that.

I'm pretty sure that would send me past the sin bin and right into void of space.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.