Dr. Nelsons loudspeakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Banned

Default Dr. Nelsons loudspeakers

Hi,

I want to ask if anyone has heard Nelson Pass loudspeakers and how they sound?

I am curious to know and since I will never get to encounter them much less own them, I can only inquire.
Old 28th March 2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

jolly good
Old 28th March 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
ENSen is offline ENSen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I have listened to SR-2 powered by XP-20 and X350.5. It sounded excellent! Detailed and lifelike without any harsh treble. One of my top three HiFi moments.
Old 29th March 2012, 08:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Heard the SR1 last week at a show in a not optimal room with all Passlabs top gear (e.g. Concept Xs150 power amps) using Hartvig Audio Signature Turntable and Wadia S7i CD-player.

I had really looked forward to hear the Passlabs gear but was quite disappointed. The tweeter level was to high for my liking and the system was not as transparent as I'm used to.

That said, the room was not optimal, the record player may not been fully optimized, the records could be worn and for people believing in cables to makes all the differences they could maybe be better. The sound pressure level was lower than I'm used too but seldom things sounds better cranking up the volume if it doesn't sound great in the first place...

I heard both well known vinyl and CDs on the system. I look forward to hear the system at a dealer in a more optimal room.

If you consider the SR-speakers you really have to judge for yourself as we have different preferences in what we like and dislikes.

Hide this!Advertise here!