F5X Case

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greg,

Thanks for the great effort for putting this together.

It is still early days, as you have not really seen the completely finished amp as yet.
But if the response is good, and there is sufficient demand, we shall open a second batch in summer 2012.
As already mentioned elsewhere, this time we shall supply everything other than things you can order from Digikey or Mouser without matching.
So you don't have to join 10 Group Buys and make 10 payments, and go to the Customs 10 times.

Please give Greg & Co a change to finish the amp completely, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you for appreciating our work, :)
Patrick

Unpack the rear panel, rear bracket and rear panel handles.

7021776219_e22b52683e_c.jpg

First mount the auxiliary transformer to the rear panel using the M5 x 35mm countersunk bolt. Next mount the rear panel to the rear bracket with (8) M3 x 10mm button head bolts. Lastly, fasten the handles to the rear panel with (2) M4 x 10mm bolts per handle.

6875674532_a05c3ecc44_c.jpg

What are the other 2 countersunk holes on the rear panel bracket for?

That depends on how you connect the relays.

The relay driver will deliver 24V.
You can use two relays 12V in series, or 2x 24V in parallel.
The net current is about the same.

Probably 12V is easier to get, and is safer in series.
(So both relays drop out together for sure.)

In the schematics that we posted, the relays were shown to be connected directly to 24V.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/183362-f5x-euvl-approach-14.html#post2882669

Alexis please kindly confirm.

Patrick

Last edited:
Outstanding work on the case in fact the attention to detail on the entire project is commendable. I have to admit I would have like to jump in on this one but the logistics of all the group buys looked a bit tedious. If you do a second buy with everything grouped together ( I know I am being lazy)and I am caught up on my projects I may participate just because it looks so cool.

Bill

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Received my two cases yesterday and could not help assembling one:D

The finish, tolerance and care for detail is just incredible. Just one example: the rear and front brackets have two holes without any apparent utility. However, when mounting, or removing, the transformer cradle from the rest of the chassis these holes are just about the only way to arrive at the fixing screws...

A touch of foresight or experience from prototyping....

Kudos to the engineer and craftsmen:worship:

Nic

:)

And yes, batch two will be one GB for everything, in one direct shipment to each subscriber individually.
Makes life easy for everyone.

But that will not be till all in Batch 1 have finished building with feedback.
Both positive (hopefully majority) and negative (so that we continue to improve....).

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.