Aleph 30 the best choice of C1 C2 C3 on brian gt PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
because of possibility that his amp is going to buy some ignorant bstrd , eager to connect it to source with some DC on output ?

;)

perfect, now it is all clear, except for a small doubt that inquiries concerning R10, that is, if you Elima this resistance, you do not create an imbalance between the two half-waves of negative and positive, the audio signal?
I say this because I see that on the input signal positive there the resistor network formed by R1/R2/R3 and negative input is formed by the resistive network R9/R10.
thanks for your patience.;)

is it save to use 25V cap for Aleph30 power supply? I was going to purchase in PCX for nichicon super through 15.000uF 50V, but when I look at MUNDORF M-Lytic AG @25V with cheaper price, it's a huge improvement on cap bank capasitance size. need your advice.

- Nichicon ST -> 8 x 15.000uF 50V @$27 = $216 (total 120.000uF)
- Mundorf Ag -> 12 x 47.000uF 25V @$17 = $204 (total 564.000uF)

I find that papa is using 25V caps on his F5

2_9.jpg

Last edited:
Always look at schematic before doing changes :) I don't even find any R on Aleph30 original design of "Pass Aleph 30 Owner's Manual", it's only 6x10mF without mentioning voltage rating. I think that CRC design came up on FirstWatt line series

I think that R should be 0R1, using 3 parallel 0R3 5W is my choice

oh boy ........

well - I'm sure that I made my homework ........ :rofl:

all roads lead to Rome

if you want 25V caps , 2x18Vac will give you roughly 2x22Vdc

if you use higher voltage caps , be my guest and use up to 25Vac xformer

1R in CRC is a hell , if you ask me

Sorry,i have too a 22-0-22 Vac trafo with crc psu filter

2x22000uF (40vdc) 0.33ohm 2x22000uF (40vdc) for one only Rail

on the output of psu i have about 27Vdc for each rail.

Please is ok this working voltage?

If no please can you give me some advice about it?
I think I should enhance the resistor of the crc
can you confirm the value and the power of this resistor?
I think 1 ohm 10w should be ok.
I also think the ripple should be ok with these values ​​of CRC.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.