diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Aleph 30 the best choice of C1 C2 C3 on brian gt PCB (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/209627-aleph-30-best-choice-c1-c2-c3-brian-gt-pcb.html)

tonimxp 26th March 2012 11:43 PM

Aleph 30 the best choice of C1 C2 C3 on brian gt PCB
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I'm new to this thread and am building a aleph30 of Mr. Nelson, thank you for all of us Mr.(Papa):) I would need to know this:
1) Why use a 220uF capacitor for C1, polarized electrolytic type?
2) Why only on the rail (-IN) input and not also on the rail (+IN)?
3) Is possible a little meditation on these capacitors, their job so ..what to use for their for best performance (perhaps using different types for each specific case)?
Please...sorry for my English!
Thanks in advance:D

vivanco 27th March 2012 06:30 AM

I too had the same doubt, it seemed very strange circuit, quite rightly, very noble, presents the signal path of an electrolytic capacitor, unless, in the balanced circuitry (I do not know the best) , the question changes.
I am very curious what will be the answers on many of the gurus in this exceptional forum.
thanks and greetings to all.

Murdoc 27th March 2012 09:28 AM

Hi Tonimxp,

I asked similar questions some time ago an so I got the advise to look at Technical Articles and read the articles there several times. It first was not very satisfactory, but after a while I was glad about the huge amount of knowledge hidden in the articles.
I'm not fair if I point you to the zen article #9, as I would deny you a lot of answers of future questions. So my advice once again to read them all, several times, as you grasp every time something new.
If any questions are left, the aleph j thread is a big source for these questions.
As I'm a newbie, too, some guru might drop a line here.

Kind regards,
Matthias

tonimxp 27th March 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murdoc (Post 2961861)
Hi Tonimxp,

I asked similar questions some time ago an so I got the advise to look at Technical Articles and read the articles there several times. It first was not very satisfactory, but after a while I was glad about the huge amount of knowledge hidden in the articles.
I'm not fair if I point you to the zen article #9, as I would deny you a lot of answers of future questions. So my advice once again to read them all, several times, as you grasp every time something new.
If any questions are left, the aleph j thread is a big source for these questions.
As I'm a newbie, too, some guru might drop a line here.

Kind regards,
Matthias

Thanks Murdoc, as soon as i will read the news of aleph J, thanks again!

wirewiggler 28th March 2012 03:33 PM

Hopefully the mentioned reading will fulfill you explanation of their use, as to the actual caps I have made a few amps in fact have a pair on my bench and have been very happy with the Elna simlic caps. Be aware the board silkscreen is incorrect on polarity of one of the caps be sure to refer to the schematic as to witch one and its orientation. Good luck you will have a quite pleasing amp on completion.

Bill

AudioSan 28th March 2012 03:51 PM

no they are not. thats 5years ago or something.
the silkscreen is correct.

tonimxp 28th March 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wirewiggler (Post 2963542)
Hopefully the mentioned reading will fulfill you explanation of their use, as to the actual caps I have made a few amps in fact have a pair on my bench and have been very happy with the Elna simlic caps. Be aware the board silkscreen is incorrect on polarity of one of the caps be sure to refer to the schematic as to witch one and its orientation. Good luck you will have a quite pleasing amp on completion.

Bill

Hi!Bill,thanks for your reply,please what do you think about this kind of Elna caps?
Only for C1 and C2 use
ELNA CE-BP 220uF 16V BI POLAR CAPACITOR *NEW*
Number ebay item: 260815852652
Or these
Nichicon BP 220uF 25V MUSE ES BI-POLARIZED for Audio Capacitor Caps
Number ebay item: 140618205767
For c3 instead I thought I would use this:
220UF/50V NICHICON AUDIO
Number ebay item:110848683218
Thanks in advance to all of you!:D
P.S. Please for everybody what is the cap with silkscreen incorrect?

AudioSan 28th March 2012 04:08 PM

there is no incorrect silkscreen. that was a long time ago.
panasonic FE caps is a good one for all 3.

korben69 28th March 2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioSan (Post 2963587)
there is no incorrect silkscreen. that was a long time ago.
panasonic FE caps is a good one for all 3.

Yes, those parts are feeding my MiniA for 2 years.
Have fun ;)

tonimxp 28th March 2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioSan (Post 2963587)
there is no incorrect silkscreen. that was a long time ago.
panasonic FE caps is a good one for all 3.

Hi!Please Panasonic FE or FC?
Is there a better alternative for c1?
I'd be thinking using too this 10NF/63V WIMA CAPACITORS ( FKP2 ) connected in parallel of the c1-c2-c3,might be a good idea to you?
Thanks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2