Aleph 30 the best choice of C1 C2 C3 on brian gt PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm new to this thread and am building a aleph30 of Mr. Nelson, thank you for all of us Mr.(Papa):) I would need to know this:
1) Why use a 220uF capacitor for C1, polarized electrolytic type?
2) Why only on the rail (-IN) input and not also on the rail (+IN)?
3) Is possible a little meditation on these capacitors, their job so ..what to use for their for best performance (perhaps using different types for each specific case)?
Please...sorry for my English!
Thanks in advance:D

Attachments

• Aleph BGT.jpg
    Aleph BGT.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 1,644
I too had the same doubt, it seemed very strange circuit, quite rightly, very noble, presents the signal path of an electrolytic capacitor, unless, in the balanced circuitry (I do not know the best) , the question changes.
I am very curious what will be the answers on many of the gurus in this exceptional forum.
thanks and greetings to all.

Hi Tonimxp,

I asked similar questions some time ago an so I got the advise to look at Technical Articles and read the articles there several times. It first was not very satisfactory, but after a while I was glad about the huge amount of knowledge hidden in the articles.
I'm not fair if I point you to the zen article #9, as I would deny you a lot of answers of future questions. So my advice once again to read them all, several times, as you grasp every time something new.
If any questions are left, the aleph j thread is a big source for these questions.
As I'm a newbie, too, some guru might drop a line here.

Kind regards,
Matthias

Hi Tonimxp,

I asked similar questions some time ago an so I got the advise to look at Technical Articles and read the articles there several times. It first was not very satisfactory, but after a while I was glad about the huge amount of knowledge hidden in the articles.
I'm not fair if I point you to the zen article #9, as I would deny you a lot of answers of future questions. So my advice once again to read them all, several times, as you grasp every time something new.
If any questions are left, the aleph j thread is a big source for these questions.
As I'm a newbie, too, some guru might drop a line here.

Kind regards,
Matthias
Thanks Murdoc, as soon as i will read the news of aleph J, thanks again!

Hopefully the mentioned reading will fulfill you explanation of their use, as to the actual caps I have made a few amps in fact have a pair on my bench and have been very happy with the Elna simlic caps. Be aware the board silkscreen is incorrect on polarity of one of the caps be sure to refer to the schematic as to witch one and its orientation. Good luck you will have a quite pleasing amp on completion.

Bill

Hopefully the mentioned reading will fulfill you explanation of their use, as to the actual caps I have made a few amps in fact have a pair on my bench and have been very happy with the Elna simlic caps. Be aware the board silkscreen is incorrect on polarity of one of the caps be sure to refer to the schematic as to witch one and its orientation. Good luck you will have a quite pleasing amp on completion.

Bill

Hi!Bill,thanks for your reply,please what do you think about this kind of Elna caps?
Only for C1 and C2 use
ELNA CE-BP 220uF 16V BI POLAR CAPACITOR *NEW*
Number ebay item: 260815852652
Or these
Nichicon BP 220uF 25V MUSE ES BI-POLARIZED for Audio Capacitor Caps
Number ebay item: 140618205767
For c3 instead I thought I would use this:
220UF/50V NICHICON AUDIO
Number ebay item:110848683218
Thanks in advance to all of you!:D
P.S. Please for everybody what is the cap with silkscreen incorrect?

I read with interest your speeches, but none of them has basically gutted the problems presented by Toni, in fact, if I understand the its question, its necessity is to understand how to develop the branch electronically negative input audio signal, on which this is a 220uF electrolytic capacitor, which at first glance, for those not expert in the balanced circuitry Mr. Pass, creates great uncertainty,,,, if I remember correctly, somewhere I read that Mr. Pass is not convinced of the use, the signal path, the electrolytic capacitors;
please, can anyone explain to me and consequently at friend Toni, the task he must accomplish the capacitor and its resistance to it in parallel (which should form a band pass filter) in series with the negative branch of the signal ,,, many thanks and greetings:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.