F5X -- the EUVL Approach - The Build Thread

By the time you have the F5X built, tested, and playing music, we should be able to show you pictures and measurements.

We already have PCBs, matched devices, drawing sets for the cases, .....just about everything other than mechanical parts.
Just need to build a prototype and do some measurements / listening.

Oh, BTW, it will be the same matching width and style as the F5X Power Amp, as you would expect.
It will also come in two cases, as all high end preamps -- a preamp case and a PSU case.

The Preamp case has furthermore 5 separate, fully shielded compartments :

1. Source selection & attenuation
2. Preamp Left
3. Preamp right
4. Control signal wiring
5. Manual control / remote / display

So much for now.

;)

Patrick

Joined 2006
Paid Member
By the time you have the F5X built, tested, and playing music, we should be able to show you pictures and measurements.

We already have PCBs, matched devices, drawing sets for the cases, .....just about everything other than mechanical parts.
Just need to build a prototype and do some measurements / listening.

Oh, BTW, it will be the same matching width and style as the F5X Power Amp, as you would expect.
It will also come in two cases, as all high end preamps -- a preamp case and a PSU case.

The Preamp case has furthermore 5 separate, fully shielded compartments :

1. Source selection & attenuation
2. Preamp Left
3. Preamp right
4. Control signal wiring
5. Manual control / remote / display

So much for now.

;)

Patrick

Don't tell me it's from a solid block of Alu Patrick......:D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
If you are willing to pay, it is not a problem for us, technically.

:)

Patrick

U trying to get me in trouble here Patrick ?.....I know you cannot resist a technical challenge hehe

Let's keep this sensible price wise.....

Anyway I have my UGS to enjoy until i see what u have dreamed up....It's almost inevitable I'll build it ofcourse! :rolleyes:

Warming up my CNC already hehe

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
...oh I'm very patient, especially now i have a couple of very nice sources to test, including the modified QA-550 which has been playing for almost 2 weeks and gives SDTRANS a run for it's money at least with it in SPDIF mode.....really nice :)

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes SDTRANS in SPDIF with my AYA II

Trying to build another TDA1541A for I2S connection to it...if i can find Beyer dynamics trafos for an IV for it.

QA-550 in I2S with PCM5102.

The QA-550 in SPDIF is no good compared to what it is now.

Will post there some images this weekend.

Very nice indeed Thanks.:D

Last edited: