F5X -- the EUVL Approach - The Build Thread

Found these photos from a batch one builder today.
Too nice not to show them.

;)

Patrick

Attachments

• JMcL F5X Frt.jpg
    JMcL F5X Frt.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 363
  • JMcL F5X Frt Open.jpg
    JMcL F5X Frt Open.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 374
  • JMcL F5X Rr Open.jpg
    JMcL F5X Rr Open.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 369
  • JMcL F5X Btm.jpg
    JMcL F5X Btm.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 368
Found these photos from a batch one builder today.
Too nice not to show them.

;)

Patrick

Gorgeous! I was referred to you/these pictures because I'm planning an F5Tv2+cascodes in dual mono. I'd also like to use a soft start board, so my build is getting super-cramped. It looks like you're pretty close to a configuration I'm considering, which is to use the risers sold in the store here to make a tunnel down the center of my 5U chassis for two AN-6224 transformers to live inside, with two full sets of PSUv3 boards mounted on top. The tunnel would be 180mm wide and 300mm long. I could probably use standoffs to put a 1cm gap between the two sections for wiring if needed. I think I could get away with either 90mm or 120mm height. I should have 5-6cm total vertical clearance either way, but I'm not sure if I should give the lion's share to the transformers or the PSU boards. I'm hoping since you're doing something so similar here for the F5X that you could help me plan my F5T and weigh in on the viability of my tunnel. What do you think? Thanks either way!!

Someone contacted by PM and said that he bought an F5X 2nd hand from a batch one subscriber.
And that amp is not working. And he has no documentation.

For anyone who might be interested in taking up similar offers, my advice is that you insist the seller to provide full documentation with the purchase.
A) We do not know who is in real procession of an original F5X.
B) There are slight variations between the 3 batches.
C) The seller has done the build, and not us; we have no idea if there are deviations.
D) The seller should have all relevant documentation applicable to his batch.

We shall not make our documentation public, to prevent copies.
If you have specific technical questions, we'll of course try to help.
You can post your questions here. No need to PM.

Best,
Patrick

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Yes... I know I am very late in the game.... But I am starting now, ordered the transformers from Toroidy, and looking for the BOM. In fact, I searched for a couple hours now and cannot find the document.... the BOM in post #4 of this thread is showing pictures of the grounded vs floating X, but not the parts list for the amplifier boards....

Maybe I am just searching the wrong way - please help me and post a link to the latest & greatest version of the BOM ? Thanks a lot