paper in oil vs. polyprop. caps for AlephP/BLSZ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do have a multimeter with capacitance measurement capability.

These caps are solded in a tinned metal boxes so there is no leaking effect and they have pretty robust voltage limits 380V.

The only things that I am worried about is the stability of the dielectric parameters and if paper in oil is likely to bring about any sonic improvements.

Hey man! What is your point???
Any kind of capacitors will work! paper in oil,polipropylene,film,electrolitics (bipolar ofcourse).What answer are you expecting here? The one that old polish paper in oil are the best in the world,absolutely go for them?
If youm happen to heve them,and they are in good condition I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use them.After all ,as I said before any kind of cap. will work (one better ,other worst soniclly).Then,after some time you might buy some good ,decent polypropylene caps. and compare both soniclly.
Bartek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.