JBL 4343 studiomonitors and future Pass labs diy amplifier project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings in the Pass labs Forum.

I have a pair of JBL 4343 studio monitors, I wish to supply with a diy Pass labs Power amplifier, preamplifier and phono amplifier (Aleph Ono printed circuit boards located in the drawer) in the (near) future.

Years ago I bought the parts for a Nelson Pass/Norman Thagard A75 amplifier from a former colleague: Printed circuitboards,1600 VA toroidal transformer; 2x30 Volt secondary and matched output mosfet transistors; International Rectifier IRFP 9140N and IRFP 150N.

I bought the A75 parts, when I thought the 75 class A watt's were handy in use, together with the less efficient loudspeakers I had at that time, but now feel that the JBL 4343 with it's 93 dB (?) effficiency may not need such a powerful amplifier to fullfill my dreams of a great sounding Pass labs diy power amplifier project.

Are there any of the future Pass labs amplifiers available for diy'ers, where the mentioned output mosfet transistors; IRFP 9140N and IRFP 150N, would fit like "hand in glove"?

I wish to build a Pass labs power amplifier I can use fullrange together with JBL 4343.

Thank you in advance.

AML

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.