Pearl - bypass caps yes or no?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Boban said:
Hi ,
I am wondering if 0.1uf film bypass caps at each of the 10000uf PS caps will help? What about C1, C2 and C3 on the board (they are 10000uF as well).
If yes, can anyone recommend good but not expensive caps?

Regards
Boban

I think the large caps after the regulator have more effect on the sound. But I bypassed all 7 large caps in mine.
For cheap, good quality these stacked film are hard to beat. The 1 ufd, 100v ones shown are available locally and are 1.00 each at one store and 0.25 at another.
The caps are very low impedance.

George

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 419
Hi George,
Thanks for the reply. I had the same idea in mind before I posted the question. Glad I am not alone. Do you know where I can order these caps online? Not sure that I can find them locally (to be honest I don't have much time to go around and look).
btw. Looking at your boards (nice job) I noticed you are using electrolytic for coupling C9; end even 2 caps is series. Why is that? Never seen that before. Care to explain?
Regards
Boban

Boban said:
Looking at your boards (nice job) I noticed you are using electrolytic for coupling C9; end even 2 caps is series. Why is that? Never seen that before. Care to explain?
Regards
Boban

The final coupling cap is a pair of 47 ufd 50v Elna Silmics connected tail to tail. This is a poor mans BG NX.
I prefer the sound of good quality electrolytics to very large value film caps. Once you get above 4-5 ufd the electrolytics just seem less colored to my tin ears.
I have no idea on an online source for these caps. They are not insulated on the end caps. That limits the commercial application.

George

Boban said:
Looking at your boards (nice job) I noticed you are using electrolytic for coupling C9; end even 2 caps is series. Why is that? Never seen that before. Care to explain?
Regards
Boban

The final coupling cap is a pair of 47 ufd 50v Elna Silmics connected tail to tail. This is a poor mans BG NX.
I prefer the sound of good quality electrolytics to very large value film caps. Once you get above 4-5 ufd the electrolytics just seem less colored to my tin ears.
I have no idea on an online source for these caps. They are not insulated on the end caps. That limits the commercial application.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.