oneplustwo DCB1 Black, White and Red build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks to tea bag, I got an easy start to my B1 kit that will feed my F5. Populated!

Now on to case work and heat sinking!

6929525957_9476fd99c3.jpg

BTW, I noticed that the square pads that typically indicate the positive lead of the led's only was not consistent with some of the series of spots. I used the silk screen of the flat side of the led as the guide ultimately. Anyone confirm this was right?

Also, from what I read, sounds like the heat sinking required isn't terrible. I was going to use 1/4" plate as the base of the enclosure as the heat sink. It will probably be about 8x9 inches square. Seem enough to you all?

Finally, is there anyone who has put the transformer in a separate box? I was just going to put it in a floor box to minimize any risk of hum. I would use a umbilical with 14ga wires about three feet long connected via speakon connectors.

Any input would be appreciated. Tanks!

-J

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.