Fairchild interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my short lived experience, yes. Having source resistors helps quite a bit and if possible, mounting them using the universal spacing found in the DIyAudio store makes a big difference. Recent experience with lateral fets using store board had my fets that were matched to only .1v sharing current very evenly. In order to increase individual bias Amon the fets, I pulled the middle fet on both the N and P section, leaving a larger gap between like parts. There was a pretty dramatic difference in the curren sharing compared to before. This is my experience and others might have more sage advice.

Last edited:
I have 100 on the way. This will allow me to check supplier and see matching spread. I have another 500 pairs waiting if all is well. I think we are at about 200 so far. If they check out ok and match reasonably well, it looks like the price might get down to the $5 level. Let's hope all is well. I will share pics of test setup for the weary and compare to known factory equivalents.

Please understand that until the order is checked, nothing is for certain. I know the fets are out there, but they are hard to come by and I am sure the counterfeiters have begun their work. I know TeaBag is close to getting his ready and may ultimately be the source. Let it play out. It will not be an overnight thing and hopefully it will not matter, as there will be some for everyone. I am more interested in getting them for BA output over F5T. I am too far behind as it is:)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Please understand that until the order is checked, nothing is for certain. I know the fets are out there, but they are hard to come by and I am sure the counterfeiters have begun their work. I know TeaBag is close to getting his ready and may ultimately be the source. Let it play out. It will not be an overnight thing and hopefully it will not matter, as there will be some for everyone. I am more interested in getting them for BA output over F5T. I am too far behind as it is:)

Sorry, didn't mean to be overly enthusiastic.:D

If this goes forward I would be in for 8 pairs.

Hi, buzzforb and Tea-bag
I emailed bussforb before, but here it is again.
Would like 3 quads. I'm looking into balanced F5T V3, so I would like 2 sets of 2 quads (16FETs) among that preferably in a row on matching, whatever spread you have I would take. I'm guessing this is not going to be too bad if there are 1000 fets and they are relatively evenly spread... Left and right channel match is not as critical.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.