Fairchild interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member

edit : and yes , some ppl are paying much much more for preamp toobz .........

I'm scared to even calculate what amount of greenies will be tossed in my future phono preamp with toobz ......... :rofl:

After my recently acquired proof...all investment to refine your sources is amply rewarded by the amps you plug in after...:D:D

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
somewhere I wrote ( few times , in fact ) that I'm taking Papa's SIT1 Jfet as 300B with OPT implemented gratis :rofl:

Semisouths are best thing after ........ for our wakoo needs .........

OK , - J2 is sort of secret , but our Eastern Friends are taking M2 (purely Mosfet output) as close , even more tubey thing .......

anyway - F6 is close - it will be probably best non tube amp which Tubehead can make , these days

F5 was my least favorite amp. F5t is different. Little more laidback, specially if you play with P3. I tend towards more romantic types and that is why I am headed down the J/M2/F6 road. Overall, nonfeedback BA3 is my favorite, but that may change. AJ is magical. My first. You know how that goes. I am going to try the above three and have the parts either here or coming. F5T is permanent member. BA3 is permanent member. 6V6 pre is permanent member. SALAS DCB! is permant. first and last work great togther. Second and third work great together. Third and first, yuck. THey are like bitter enemies, IMO. Eventually I have to stop....

EDIT:
This is awesome OT:D

If people don't try the F5t, the will be missing out. I could easilt stop and have better amp than most for rest of life. I am just experimenting. For F5t to be permanent member says something. Point is learning what you like. I dont like AJ down low, but love it in midrange and up high. The M2/J2/F6 are going to be for FR or horn used up high. F5T takes bass duties and crushes. The addition of P3 changes things. Gives great influence over the sound.

If people don't try the F5t, the will be missing out. I could easilt stop and have better amp than most for rest of life. I am just experimenting. For F5t to be permanent member says something. Point is learning what you like. I dont like AJ down low, but love it in midrange and up high. The M2/J2/F6 are going to be for FR or horn used up high. F5T takes bass duties and crushes. The addition of P3 changes things. Gives great influence over the sound.

This is good. Keep talking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.