PASS LABS bad service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a PASS LABS X150.5 that I bought in Ukraine, where he lived there. I moved to another country and took a PASS LABS. I needed parts (fuses and faceplate) for my amp, I turned to the PASS LABS for help. They sent me to a dealer in my country. My dealer told two weeks later that he could not help me, PASS LABS does not allow it. Here is my letter Dealer:
02/16/2012

We said Joseph Sammut. They are strongly against sending parts directly to you.

But we, as distributors, according to them we have no right to service the device, sold by us are not. And if we did get down to it, you'll need for components to make the same margin as in the apparatus, to pay for shipping and customs clearance, pay for the work of our service engineer to re-replaced parts (which can be done through a distributor who sold the unit). In short, it's a long, complicated and expensive history.

Now we are working, that would contact the distributor who put your machine.

02/20/2012
The manufacturer strongly recommends that you contact the Ukrainian distributor for ordering parts for your machine (delivered in November 2007).
We do not want to spoil relations with Passo and take care of your amplifier.

I have contacted the dealer in a country where I bought it and drive there.
This is very far away and I can `t do it.
I asked to sell these parts to my friend in California, PASS LABS refused. PASS LABS has such a policy in respect of its customers in other countries?

P/S
I'm more than a month I can not use my power, I do not have a fuse.

Last edited:
if i understand it correctly it sounds like pass labs has a policy of only selling spare parts for a piece of equipment to the dealers in the country where the equipment was originally sold?

If so can you perhaps work out some arrangement between the dealer you are currently in and the dealer in ukraine?

I can understand why some vendors dont want to service parts in countries outside where they where sold as a mechanism to stem grey market imports.

many vendors do that. for some vendors they have to in order to ensure export compliance with government rules, for others it is to ensure that there are no diverted shipments that causes compliance issues around taxation. To ensure that the rules are enforceable some vendors control access to spare parts and service as the enforcement mechanism.

my company does this for our products (we dont have a consumer product line though). To move a product from country a to country b we generally request that the end-user registers the move and we do a transfer in our books in order to make it eligble for service. this helps us as well to ensure we have spare parts in country, we train the staff in the country etc.

Usually this is documented in the product documentation, particularly in the warranty section.

sony is a good example. sony will not service or sell spare parts to any equipment sold in japan and moved overseas. i have several friends who have been upset about this when they moved from japan but it is a firm sony policy.

i dont know how pass labs operate, i wanted to give you context that hopefully helps you understand how other companies operate in similar fields. i am sure pass labs themselves will comment directly to you or in this thread.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
fuses are generic parts , so you can buy them everywhere , taking care of value

what's the reason why you need face-plate ?

that's not generic part , and nobody will sell you that ;
did you asked for that cosmetic repair (change of faceplate ) in dealer's service , or to just buy it and change it by your self ?

that may be tricky part

that's silly .

send me a PM , and I'll sell you original ones for 100$ a piece :clown:

I searched the Moscow fuse X2.5 it's slow. I could not find any where. There were only fast, they were burned.
I had to order a PASS LABS are sent without any problems.
Now they do not want to do it.

ask local dealer to replace it , not to sell it to you .

I searched the Moscow fuse X2.5 it's slow. I could not find any where. There were only fast, they were burned.
I had to order a PASS LABS are sent without any problems.
Now they do not want to do it.

I spoke with a local dealer, he said that the PASS LABS does not allow them to serve my amp. I have to carry it to the dealer who sold it.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
find someone who's able to write e-mail on proper English for you , and send it to PL

enclose pictures , Ser. No. of your amp and ask for faceplate change in service dept. of local dealer .

regarding fuses - you didn't search good enough ;

fuse availability is same in all parts of world

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here is my response to the dealer:
The manufacturer strongly recommends that you contact the Ukrainian distributor for ordering parts for your machine (delivered in November 2007).
We do not want to spoil relations with PASS LABS and take care of your amplifier.

it seems that more appropriate title of thread is Pass Lab's Dealer Bad Service .

their incompetence can't be blamed to PL

find someone who's able to write e-mail on proper English for you , and send it to PL

enclose pictures , Ser. No. of your amp and ask for faceplate change in service dept. of local dealer .

regarding fuses - you didn't search good enough ;

fuse availability is same in all parts of world

They know that I need the front panel. They said how much it costs. Then they said that I should refer to the dealer.
I want the original fuse, I do not want problems.

Here is my letter Dealer:
02/16/2012

We said Joseph Sammut. They are strongly against sending parts directly to you.

But we, as distributors, according to them we have no right to service the device, sold by us are not. And if we did get down to it, you'll need for components to make the same margin as in the apparatus, to pay for shipping and customs clearance, pay for the work of our service engineer to re-replaced parts (which can be done through a distributor who sold the unit). In short, it's a long, complicated and expensive history.

Now we are working, that would contact the distributor who put your machine.

02/20/2012
We do not want to spoil relations with Passo and take care of your amplifier.

Privjet,

Call Avnet and ask or a fuse.

Silica (Avnet)
Korovinskoye Chaussee 10
Building 2
Office 25
RUS-127486 Moscow
Tel: +7 495 9371268
Fax: +7 495 9372166
eMail:moscow@silica.com

Or arrow if Avnet doesn't have them.

For the faceplate I get the impression it's more the Russian distributor who doesn't want to do the change rather than a pass labs policy. I can understand pass labs reluctance to sell directly to an end user, but I think you should ask pass lab for help here to convince their partner to service your dented product. Especially if you send in pictures.

I think you are using google translate which makes the English somewhat ambiguous occasionally. That's probably part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.