F5 Turbo Builders Thread

THey will work great and will plug directly in with little effect. Just look up their datasheet and try to get an idea of the VGs needed for the bias you want. Before plugging them in, set your pots below that point about 25%-50%. You have tested you FE and all is good. As long as you mount and isolate them correctly, you should be able to listen within the day.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes, thanks ZM, looking at the differences at the datasheets of the two toshibas, I wonder what would that (desired) current is. I just want to be at all times class A.
There is quite some difference at the current drain at the same voltage, like buzz pointed out.

do what buzz buzzed few times to you , already ;

stay in ballpark for your project (didn't read which iteration you are exactly building) keeping in mind that (say) 40W per device and 55C at heatsink are limits which you must respect

I didnt realize how blurry it was. The blue is loopback showing soundcard distortion and the red is the distortion of the F5T at 1W. Its a breakdown of the harmonic structure of the distortion. Like I said, I am not 100% sure of its validity, but i think it is right. My ears seem to agree:D

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I decided to check out my p/s so hooked up the transformer/rectifiers and caps which loaded with nothing more than 3k3 bleed resistors and a couple of led's is giving me +- 38V dc.What sort of voltage drop can I expect with a V2 amp?
The transformer is 350VA with 25-0-25 secondaries.