F5 Turbo Builders Thread

That case that I made for the KSA50 worked out to about $500 in material, inclusive of the heatsinks. But then I must say Aluminium is cheap in SA compared to Europe. But I still need to cost in the CNC work for my front plate.

I will probably order my trafo from Amplimo or Toroidy and that is where you save again, since I have to factor in shipment. I am dissappointed with the quality of the 2 500VA trafos that a local company wound for me as used in the KSA50 clone.

For the F5TV3 monoblocks I am looking at maybe a 1KVA trafo for each monoblock, and that will cost me an arm an a leg from either of those 2 suppliers.

Yes you can never underestimate the cost and time involved in building the case.
The reason my original F5 took so long was that I built my own case. Borrowing time off a friends mini-cnc, tapping holes etc. took over 2 months!

This time, I plan to have Antek / Par Metal build it for me :D They even have the heatsinks to boot!

As for trafo, given the size of 1kVA anywhere of about $130 - $200US isn't bad.
No one said a F5T V3 is cheap :rolleyes:

You can set bias post at about 3.5V and be safe to attach output fets. This will get you close to turn on voltage and allow less turning to achieve final bias. If you have FE boasting correctly, there is little you can do at this point to hurt the build. Before firing up check isolation of fets with MM set on Resistance setting, touch drain of get and sink at same time. It is the only thing left you could do wrong

You can set bias post at about 3.5V and be safe to attach output fets. This will get you close to turn on voltage and allow less turning to achieve final bias. If you have FE boasting correctly, there is little you can do at this point to hurt the build. Before firing up check isolation of fets with MM set on Resistance setting, touch drain of get and sink at same time. It is the only thing left you could do wrong

Cmon Buzz ,

Time to finish your best one yet , the 4pr is calling ... :)