F5 Turbo Builders Thread

BigE There was just one piece 45" long I cut it on my table saw I had to cut it from both sides with multiple passes. There was a lot of holes that I filled with jb weld
it worked out fairly well. Painted the peices with stove paint and strap them together
with a 3/8" gap so fins don't touch in the center
I don't get the ground loop?

Ground loop was from an incorrect transformer mounting design I had posted, I removed the reference, it is correct now.

AudioSan, or whomever,
Is that because the mounting bolt that goes through the center is connected EM through the bolt? Like making a screwdriver magnetic? What if the bolt were Nylon?
Ron

NRG, the 1000VA unit, just take the same + wires and solder or whatnot together, and same with -, and you got a 1000VA tranny with 500VA each side. Double current ya!

Tea-Bag, I'm still learning, so please explain what is a better configuration:
I'm building a dual-mono setup (1 toroid with 4*25V feeding 2 PSU boards)

Each mono will have a dual rectifier bridge, so I will have a total of 4 rectifiers to feed. My toroid will have 4 pairs. So it is better to:
1) have one pair to one rectifier bridge, or
2) double pairs to a rectifier bridge (which would have 2 pairs feeding 2 rectifier bridges).

Thanks!

Hi Guys,
I got my V2 proto's from the store ,going today,Playing very well happy with the results,Everything fell right into specs,bias adjustments are precise,adjust right to it,I don't have a distorion analizer but I got the bias real close and used P3 and my meter across the speaker to adjust P3 got it to.0001 mili's,dc offset,I'm happy!
Been running about 2 hrs ac/dc steevie Ray,Fets are running about 110 F at 300 mils on the bias,
I might build some more of these,lol.
I had a little problems in the begining but I caused them CRS kicking in ,lol.But all the markings ,silk are good ,I like the big traces too,let's you desolder a few times without the trace leaving the board,It's dead quiet ,and sounds good ,good bass!
I did get some help from Variac and AudioSan,thier posts were very helpful and also all the fine people on this site!THANKS
I used some new caps from Apex too.worked out well I used 8x33,000 and 2 I had 10,000 that's per channel,lol.284,000 if I did that right!
Have a good Day!
NS

Hi Guys,...Fets are running about 110 F at 300 mils on the bias,...Have a good Day!
NS

No Smoking, No Smoking? 110F, I guess not but, you have room for higher bias and better sound :D From my experimentation, you should be able to get to 130F-150F on the FETs before any worries (probably 55C on the heat sink is 150F on the FET). I see about 10 degrees from FET to sink, YMMV.
"mils"? .001 inch? Right, mV ;)

Supprising you would even bother with our antiquated "inch" Andrew. I don't really know. We very often use thou and I accept that but we also use mil and I have no idea why. It's wrong?
But, then we would be jumping to microns and micro inches??? I think I'll give up on this explaination before i'm 10X to deep :D

Is there a point of useless returns? 1/2 Farad? 1 F?

Andrew
My father was an aerospace machinist his entire professional life. He often spoke of "Mils" and was referring to "thousandths of an inch", I wish he were still here to ask why?
Country should have gone metric when I was a teenager..........dumb Yanks.