F5 Turbo Builders Thread

ZM. a question. i have pr now R5/6 at 1Kohm, and 7.1mA J-fets(i forgot to calculate a reise of the resistance)
i can solder in some 2.2Kohm resistors. or i have another set of 7.1mA J-fets i can solder in, to dobble up the J-fets. what would you do? i don't know if 2.2K will be enough for 7.1mA fets. but with dual 7.1mA fets, 1Kohm chould be enough? right?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
considering that you're going to Turbo (driving 3 pairs ? yes ?) , I would toss another pair of small Toshiba critters in

in any case - metal film resistors are pennies each , so every time when you buy them , buy triple your needs ....... and not just values you need in a moment - then you'll have them when you need them

I'm hearing differences between resistors only in really low level circuits - for power stages you're always more than good with cheapest MF resistors
those already are of decent industrial quality , and that's serious thing

acctualy 4 pairs:) yes i know. i ordered dobble up of most. but ofcourse, not of the right ones for this case:D i may find som others if i go thru my binds:)
but for this case, i think i go with dual J-fets. that was my plan from the beginning becouse of the 4 pairs outputs. it can be a little on the limit for 1 pair of J-fets.
i use Dale CMF60 all the way on this ones. exept the 3W's ofcourse. and R2 (forgot to order 47.5Kohm resistors):D

Last edited:
amp layout. and diodes soldered in. only outputs and some wireing left until first start up. also soldered in another pair of J-fets.

Attachments

• 2013-01-08 01.11.28.jpg
    2013-01-08 01.11.28.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 498
  • 2013-01-08 01.12.38.jpg
    2013-01-08 01.12.38.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 490