F5 Turbo Builders Thread

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It allows you to lower distortion, overall, or manipulate the nature of it. In my case, I chose not to go for lowest distortion, but instead have slightly higher second over third.

I think he is inquiring about (and if not I will) about how this is done, concerning use of a sound card and so forth. what equipment can the average guy need to accomplish this, without going broke!

Thanks for any clarity, Ive sort of taken the position I would just leave it at the middle range, not having a O-scope and so forth.

Russellc

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I think he is inquiring about (and if not I will) about how this is done, concerning use of a sound card and so forth. what equipment can the average guy need to accomplish this, without going broke!

Thanks for any clarity, Ive sort of taken the position I would just leave it at the middle range, not having a O-scope and so forth.

Russellc

+1.Nothing in my arsenal other than DMM's at the moment.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Perhaps PKI would care to comment on in his stock amp and my P3 adjusted amp. It is worthwhile, IMO. Ideeally, you have a good soundcard to help, but mine was adjusted by ear. I did not go for lowest distortion.

Thank you, my dear friend, for do not forgetting to remind me how your amp humiliated my :).

If seriously, it is hard to explain, but:
Sound was sort of bigger a bit less analytical, but much sweeter :) I know, these words are not for technical DIY forum, but it is all I have :).

BTW, Buzz, I almost forget how it sounded ;-)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Ah, a language barrier! I don't understand what you mean...

LOL -- That's because I made a typing mistake. :) :) :)

Set the P3 to the middle (center) of it's range, where the resistance is equal -- measured from the left leg and wiper to the right leg, and the right leg and wiper to the left leg.

That value will be very close to 1/2 the value of the pot.